Diversity is the key to success and diverse leadership yeilds better business performance. Australia is one of the most ethnically diverse country in the world, and our startups should be the same. Here in Victoria, we want to challenge the norm and lead by embracing diversity in our startups - starting from the top.
The Focus on Diversity:
Our focus on Diversity in May will profile and showcase both leaders and up-and-coming startups that are led by Women, Migrant and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander from any industries. Key criteria: - Your startup has a focus on innovative product, service, business model or delivery model - Your startup has to be founded by Women, Migrant or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander - Your startup is technology enabled, or structured for scale
The Pitch Night:
Startup Victoria are proud to partner with LaunchVic to showcase 4 diverse startups, as they pitch to a panel of hand-picked, expert judges as well as our usual community of founders, startups, investors and more. They will also be pitching to win the Startup Victoria Prize Package below.
- 18 April - Applications open
- 15 May - Applications close
- 16 May - Shortlisted applicants announced
- 21 May - Pitch Training & Selection Session (for shortlisted applicants)
- 23 May - Top 4 Finalists announced
- 28 May - Pitch Night
- Please fill out this form by Wednesday 15 May.
- Austrade: Participation in the Landing Pads program at a location of your choice (Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Shanghai)
- AWS: $5,000 AWS Credit to the winner and $1,000 AWS Credit to finalists
- Crazy Domains: 1 x hour consultation with a web expert and free comprehensive website health check, valued at $279
- Coglan Duffy & Co: 1 x hour of free legal advice
- Connect Labs: $4000 worth sales and marketing technology audit for your startup to get found, get leads and get customers
- General Assembly: $1000 credit for classes & workshops, valid for 1 year.
- Law Squared: $2500 credit to use the Cubed by Law Squared platform.
- Northraine: 10 hours x machine learning training and consultation
- One Roof: 1 month flexi membership worth $370
- Prime Financial: 4hours x consultation for winner and 2hours x consultation for finalists
- SendGrid: $5,000 credit to winner and $3,000 credit to finalists
- Stripe: $50,000 of volume waived of Stripe fees
- SquarePeg Capital: 30mins x consultation with the team
Major Partners:LaunchVic is leading the development of a globally-connected startup ecosystem. With the help of startup founders, entrepreneurs and investors, corporates and universities, we aim to build a startup ecosystem that can strengthen the economy, encourage more people to work with and for startups, and represent all Victorians. Our focus lies in the areas of funding, community building and global recognition for the Victorian startup ecosystem. One Roof is a B Corp certified Melbourne based co-working hub that exists to provide everything women-led businesses and startups need to succeed under one roof. Recently voted top 5 female centric co-working spaces in the world, One Roof is home to 85+ businesses and hosts on average 4 events every week. It is a stylish, bright and creative space adorned with hanging planters, murals of women's faces and colourful modernist furniture. By establishing co-working hubs, forging a supportive community and offering business support One Roof is on a mission to be the driving force that puts Australia on the map as the number one destination in the world to be a female entrepreneur. When you become a member of One Roof you join an entire community and thefriendly staff take time to know you and your business needs and ensure you have everything you need to thrive under one roof.
Official Event Staffing Provider:Weploy is creating an empowered and fearless workforce and building the world's best community of on-demand short-term office support staff.
Photos and video may be taken at the event and may be used for promotional purposes. Your attendance at this event is considered as implied consent for the use of these photographs for these purposes.All attendees to Startup Victoria's event must comply to our Startup Victoria Events Code of Conduct.