Olympia Yarger, Founder and CEO of Goterra 1. Tell us about yourself and your business? My name is Olympia Yarger - founder and CEO of Goterra. We're managing food and effluent waste, onsite in modular, mobile insect farms. I came from conventional agriculture originally, but spent some time away from the industry. When I tried to come back and buy a working farm, the barrier for entry was too high. So I started looking for alternative options which would keep me…read more
Popular Right Now
We are developing a mobile app for school kids and concerned citizens. It's called Shamify. Lewd and rude public behaviour captured and shared. Authorities can get access to the footage and the bad behaviour made public. The offender hopefully changing their ways. Parents have indicated strong willingness to support this $ wise. Enough is enough. Whether on the Street, on a train or driving. Evil conquers when good men do nothing. If yiyrey under 35 years old, ask your dad what TV current affairs host, Derryn Hinch's famous tagline was. Looking for an experienced crowd funding campaign organiser. % of $ raised, equity and ongoing employment if desired. We are modifying a video sharing app code that is open source. Founder is an ex Dev, parent and entrepreneur. MBA from Melbourne. Please send links to previous examples of campaigns you have run and or why you believe you have the skills. A cv would be great also. Mark 0450497092
Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel search and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel planning tools used around the world. We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our growing team in Melbourne. We have a range of challenging projects which you may tackle depending on your skills and interests. For example, you might:
- Work on improving the core user experience of Rome2rio on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Develop new interfaces for selling rail, bus & flight tickets
- Develop an interface for user accounts, bookings, history, saving and sharing itineraries
- Help design and build a better mobile website for our 5 million monthly mobile visitors
- A/B test site changes and use Google Analytics and user testing to improve the site design and functionality
Who we’re looking forWe are looking for an experienced Front End Developer who enjoys building high performance, user-friendly interfaces. The ability to thrive independently and a “get stuff done” attitude is important to us. You must be able to dive into existing code and be productive in a team environment. Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in React/Redux
- Cross browser and cross-platform knowledge
- Ability to build high performance, reusable UI components and systems
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- An understanding of Agile methods and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Experience working with and maintaining large codebases
- A passion for creating beautiful interfaces and engaging user experiences
About Rome2rioRome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location. We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team of 33 bring experience from companies such as Microsoft, Viator, Etsy, Google, Amazon, Hubspot, Lonely Planet, American Express, Intrepid Travel and 99 Designs. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved executive team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perksWe really value our engineers and aim to offer competitive salaries. We typically pay roughly between $70,000 and $120,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience. Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel search and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel planning tools used around the world. We are looking for a System Administrator / Development Operations Engineer to join our growing team in Melbourne. In this role, you’ll work within the Platform team to ensure that our infrastructure is maintained and that the development teams have the tools and environments required to work efficiently on the range of engineering projects that make Rome2rio successful. Your key responsibilities will be:
- automating and optimising server commissioning and maintenance ;
- maintaining our growing infrastructure ;
- assisting in the configuration and maintenance of developer services ;
- monitoring site availability, reliability, and performance ;
- creating and implementing plans to tackle redundancies, backups, and recovery ;
- assisting in managing our site and infrastructure security ;
- managing our local office network and providing general technical support ;
- providing technical assistance in product releases and deploys; and
- researching, recommending, and implementing technical solutions for infrastructure, monitoring, and related problems.
Who we’re looking forWe are looking for somebody who has a real passion for systems administration. Qualifications are valued but not required. Experience with a broad toolkit, the ability to thrive independently, and a “get stuff done” attitude are important to us. We value people who are platform agnostic and are willing to work in any software (or hardware) environment. You must be based in Melbourne.
Skills and requirementsFor this role you should:
- have advanced understanding of PC hardware and operating systems (Windows and Linux) ;
- be comfortable in a command prompt ;
- have experience with scripting languages such as Bash or Powershell ;
- be familiar with SQL and NoSQL database systems ;
- be familiar with version control systems ;
- possess excellent problem-solving skills ;
- have a willingness to learn on the job; and
- have experience or willingness to work in a team, mentor team members, review code and contribute to the implementation of good engineering practices.
Bonus pointsCandidates will be looked upon favourably if they:
- have experience using or administrating Salt, Puppet, or other automation tools ;
- have experience using or administrating Jenkins, Bamboo, TFS Team Build, or other build systems ;
- are familiar with relational database packages such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, as well as NoSQL databases such as Redis ;
- have experience with WordPress administration ;
- have experience with Linux administration (server) ;
- have experience with Windows administration (workstation and server) ;
- have a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another relevant degree; or
- are able to code in OO languages such as C# or C++ (at any level).
About Rome2rioRome2rio, based in Melbourne, Australia, is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry and driving to and from any location. We have recently expanded our services to include on-site ticketing as we move to a hybrid search and booking model. We are a globally recognised, profitable start-up and pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders who are both developers themselves. Our team brings experience from companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Viator, BBC Travel, Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide alongside a deeply involved leadership team that actively seek and listen to the opinions of staff to improve and expand our offering. Your work will have plenty of impact! Check out our company blog or visit our press page to find out what we are busy building.
Pay & PerksWe really value our team and aim to offer competitive salaries. This role has a salary range of $60,000 to $90,000 per annum plus superannuation, depending on your skills and experience.
Startup Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation set up to create More Founders and Better Founders.
Startup Victoria is the go-to destination for all startup related topics. We believe that Melbourne can be one of the world’s best cities to build a startup. We want to help make that a reality by helping to accelerate the growth of Victoria’s startup ecosystem.