Five innovative, tech-based startups to receive 12 weeks of intensive incubation to accelerate their impact in the disability sector. The Good Incubator, a collaboration between Impact Co. & Luna Startup Studio, today announced that five innovative startups are set to join its 2019 cohort. The Good Incubator is Melbourne’s leading impact-driven incubator program for startups in the disability, health and wellbeing sectors. Founded in early 2018 with a grant from LaunchVic, The Good Incubator expanded its operations late…read more
Popular Right Now
Job DescriptionBrandollo is an exciting tech-Startup simplifying marketing for small businesses around the world. We’re looking for a talented frontend engineer to grow our frontend development team. In this role you will be responsible for driving the latest and newest functionality in the Brandollo platform. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Build well architected solutions in the front end product
- Improve efficiency of the platform by maintaining and improving on the existing code.
- Be a natural learner with a desire to learn new skill
- Be comfortable working with complete autonomy when necessary
Code for HumansYour machine is happy if it compiles; your team is happy if they can understand what it does. Your pull requests are succinct and a pleasure to review, you have unit tests where it matters, and you understand that the code is not, in fact, the documentation.
Reliable & Resilient SoftwareNot for you the happy path or the assumed network. That habit of yours of assuming the worst and planning for it has earned your stripes in the world of running software at scale under real-world conditions.
- Proven work experience as a FontEnd Developer
- HTML5, CSS3/SCSS
- Git, Agile Development
- API integration.
- Experience in building UX friendly interfaces
Tixel is a fan-to-fan ticketing platform that helps music fans and event organisers buy and sell tickets safely and easily. You can learn more about us here - www.tixel.com.au/about We are a young and exciting startup that has experienced impressive growth to date, having secured seed investment and a distribution agreement with a NYSE listed ticketing company, we have global ambitions to change the way fans connect with experiences they love. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to oversee all marketing operations of the company and develop its marketing strategy and vision. This person will be responsible for planning, developing and executing Tixels’ marketing and advertising initiatives. This will involve working closely with other team members to understand the direction of the business, and in turn, the product. The candidate will have a strong knowledge of all things marketing with a good mix of practicality, creativity and business acumen. This person will be held accountable for engaging and growing the user base primarily to increase sales and engage our current audience. A proven ability to work efficiently with budget constraints and alongside developers and new technologies is a huge plus. Qualifications/ Experience
- Experienced as a digital marketing manager or similar role, and/or growth marketing for an early stage startup.
- Creative and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects
- Experience of lifecycle planning including segment identification, trigger definition, journey planning and testing
- Experience in digital analytics - Google Analytics preferred. You don’t have to be a data scientist but we expect you can delve into the data to find insights as well as confidently and clearly present data to stakeholders and partners.
- Experience in A/B and multivariate testing - creating test frameworks, planning tests and implementation
- Develop, manage and curate a portfolio of key third-party relationships (agencies, service providers, consultants, etc.) to advance our strategy
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media, email) channels
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- You are passionate about music and understand the difference between Abba and Aphex Twin.
- You like to get your hands dirty and work closely within the operations of the business to continuously test strategies.
- You've always wanted to join an early stage company with global potential.
RMIT Activator. A leader in entrepreneurship education and startups. Who we are and what we do. RMIT Activator plays a vital role in driving entrepreneurship and innovation across RMIT and beyond. We are a small startup team, living and breathing the entrepreneurial way. We were created to provide a platform for students to launch startups. We still do that. But now we do much more. We also design and deliver really progressive and cutting-edge educational experiences and products, we support innovation outcomes for commercial clients, and we are slowly but surely pushing entrepreneurship into all corners of RMIT. We are pioneers, and we are ambitious. Yes, you’re still keen? Read on to hear about the role. The Product and Education team is responsible for designing and delivering entrepreneurship and enterprise related programs and products to a broad set of audiences - current RMIT students and staff, RMIT alumni, commercial clients and fee-paying public. This role is crucial to the success of the team. You will be a go-to when it comes to facilitating a range of fun and engaging f2f learning experiences. You will be challenged and supported to adopt the latest educational philosophies and approaches to be a master at your craft. You will strive to foster complex capabilities – such as critical thinking, adversity intelligence, collaboration - through thoughtful facilitation and workshop design. There will also be opportunities to co-design educational programs, build new educational product and experiment with new learning experience designs as a part of team of go-getters and educators. Ok, and then there’s you. Ideally the classroom will be your happy place. A place of comfort. You will have experience in designing and delivering learning experiences to a range of audiences. You will also have experience across both the private and university sectors. You may in fact have formal teaching experience, too. You will have a thirst for improvement and bring with you an iterative, lean product development mindset. You will be great at giving and receiving feedback and always looking to take your game to the next level. You’re passionate about learning (first) and entrepreneurship (second). Fun, energetic and enthusiastic, you enjoy taking on complex tasks and ‘making it happen’. You are happy to go that extra mile. You believe in the power of education and you genuinely want to better prepare students for a complex future world. And you’re interested in what that world looks like and feels like. Oh, and before you go. You’ll be joining a flexible, open and encouraging environment. We work hard and are passionate about what we do. But we also really value side hustles, personal projects and creative outlets – that makes us who we are. We will invest in your success and you’ll be supported to pursue your areas of interests. Sound good? We’d love to have you on board.
Startup Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation that supports founders to succeed.
Startup Victoria is the go-to destination for all startup related topics. We believe that Melbourne can be one of the world’s best cities to build a startup. We want to help make that a reality by helping to accelerate the growth of Victoria’s startup ecosystem.