Startupbootcamp Scale Osaka Announces 13 Startups in their First Cohort
After an extraordinary amount of applications to the first Startupbootcamp Scale Osaka program, 21 startups were invited to the final Selection Days. Of which 13 startups will join the first cohort and make their mark in transforming the Japanese smart city world.
On October 16, 2019, we announced the thirteen startups chosen to be part of the first batch of our acceleration program focused on Smart Cities and Living in Osaka, Japan.
The new cohort is made up of Smart Cities and Living startups based in Japan, South Korea, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Spain and Israel. The startups that will be part of the first Scale Osaka batch are:
- Genoplan (Japan) – Genoplan is a one-spit healthcare solution for individuals.
- FraSen (South Korea) – Sleep care service with a sleep device.
- Sitata (Canada) – Sitata keeps you safe when travelling with real-time info and assistance.
- Chinafy (Hong Kong) – Chinafy makes foreign websites load fast, and fully in China.
- iCetana Pty Ltd (Hong Kong) – AI assisted video analytics software.
- Natural Machines (Spain) – Innovative kitchen solutions. The makers of Foodini: a 3D food printer.
- Mapxus (Hong Kong) – Your Global Indoor “Google” Maps
- ENROUTE (Israel) – Personalized commerce platform for mobility.
- Hike POS (Australia) – Hike is a cloud-based retail management platform that helps you sell everywhere.
- Miro AI (Hong Kong) – Miro uses AI & Computer Vision to analyze bodies in motion.
- Travello (Australia) – A social network for travellers used in 180+ countries.
- Oovvuu Pty Ltd (Australia) – Our mission is to embed relevant video in every article around the world.
- SoundPays (Canada) – Soundpays is a mobile engagement solution that utilizes ultrasonic sound.
The selection was the result of an exhaustive application process, searching and tracking over the last three months for the best scale-stage smart cities and living talent and two Selection Days that took place from October 15 to 16.
Out of 455 overall applications, the 21 most competitive startups were selected to participate in the event. They met with our local team, a selection of our mentors from our network and with representatives from the program’s corporate partners: Hankyu, Yomiuri Shimbun, JT, JR West Innovations, Dentsu, Sakura Internet and SMBC.
After the successful turn out of the applications and the quality of the startups that attended the Selection Days, Joshua Flannery, Managing Director at Startupbootcamp Scale Osaka says:
“Our first challenge was to go far and wide with application sourcing, which equated to 49 source countries delivering 455 overall applications. Now we have 13 high-end scaleup companies and the focus is on creating meaningful impact in partnership with our 7 Japanese corporate partners. We aim to lead these scaleups to introducing new technologies to large projects across media, real estate, health and other smart cities projects that will further advance Osaka and Japan towards achieving Society 5.0″
Startupbootcamp Scale Osaka will boost these startups for three months through its program that will begin on November 25th. The teams will be working semi-remote throughout the program with the main location being GVH#5 in the heart of Osaka.
At the end of the program, the teams will present their projects to more than 300 investors and industry experts to raise capital, grow their business and expand into the Japanese market at Demo Day, an event that will take place on February 28, 2020.
About Startupbootcamp Scale Osaka
SBC Scale Osaka is a leading innovation program, focused on growing the Smart City sector in Osaka. As part of the Rainmaking group, a global venture builder and creator of Startupbootcamp, the program provides international scaleups the opportunity to expand in Japan and to increase revenues and funding opportunities.
For more information about SBC Scale Osaka, please visit https://www.startupbootcamp.org/accelerator/scale-osaka or contact email@example.com
Founded in 2010, Startupbootcamp is a global network of innovation programs with locations in many key strategic hubs around the world. They run over 20 accelerators every year providing growth-stage startups with direct access to an international network of the most relevant mentors, partners, and investors in their industry.
For more information visit: www.startupbootcamp.org