Startup Success Series: How to Build Profitable Impact Startups
The Startup Success Series is designed to provide insight and education on the topics that matter most to the founder community right now.
Each week Startup Victoria hosts a 1-hour webinar for the community, focusing on a specific topic. There’s only so much we can squeeze into 60 minutes, so we share resources from these webinars via these Startup Success Series articles.
The Startup Success Series is supported by LaunchVic.
LaunchVic is Victoria’s startup development agency. LaunchVic invests in organisations and projects that empower entrepreneurs to scale innovative companies and deliver new industry benefits to the Victorian economy.
How to Build Profitable Impact Startups
Are you a passionate founder dedicated to creating an impactful business? Join us for this edition of the Startup Success Series where we’ll be unpacking the characteristics behind scalable impact startups.
Building a profitable startup is a tough, long journey. The most successful founders are able to rally their employees and customers around a common purpose that gets them out of bed every day.
Specifically we’ll be looking at:
- What it really means to be an impact startup
- What impact investors look for in scalable startups
- Examples of startups that are fusing profit and purpose
- 2:21: Introductions
- 4:00: Presentation Begins
- 30:01: Audience Q&A
- Impact startup organisations in Australia
- Fair HQ (D&I for startups)
- B impact assessment
- Impact Management Project (framework for assessing impact)
- Giant Leap Small Steps newsletter
- Open source list of the worlds impact VCs
- Work180 here
- More on the great work Loop
- UN sustainable development goals
- Theory of change tool
- Trace here if you’re looking at your carbon footprint
- The Impact Assessment Tool
- Startmate’s Climate Cohort