Startup Success Series: Financial Metrics for Founders
The Startup Success Series is supported by LaunchVic.
For this edition of the Startup Success Series, we were joined by new Industry Partner, Standard Ledger, for a presentation on startup metrics and dashboards!
You’re a startup, which means traditional finance metrics won’t cut it. By the time something shows up in your balance sheet or P&L, it’s usually too late (that’s if it shows up at all).
You need startup metrics to measure and drive your business. You need nimble metrics that lead the way instead of lagging behind so you can see what’s working, what’s not and adjust accordingly.
Once you’re paying attention to the right things, you’ll have a better handle on your business. You’ll be able to drive it in the right direction. And you’ll be much more attractive to investors, too. Win-win!
Virtual Event Recording
About: Watch the webinar recording below with Standard Ledger’s presentation on government grants and incentives followed by an audience Q&A.
- 1:15 – Introductions
- 6:41 – How to value an SaaS business
- 14:00 – What metrics are important and when
- 15:31 – Progress dashboard
- 17:08 – Key startup metrics
- 35:55 – Q&A
Remco’s Slides and Dashboards
- Remco’s slides and dashboards seen in the session are available to download! Click here to get your copy.
Standard Ledger’s Further Reading
- Standard Ledger have produced this companion blog for the session – click here to learn how to use metrics to drive your business!
- Take a look at their Startup Valuations Explainer here!