Startup Success Series: Building Successful E-Commerce Businesses
The Startup Success Series is designed to provide insight and education on the topics that matter most to the founder community right now.
Each week Startup Victoria hosts a 1-hour webinar for the community, focusing on a specific topic. There’s only so much we can squeeze into 60 minutes, so we share resources from these webinars via these Startup Success Series articles.
The Startup Success Series is supported by LaunchVic.
LaunchVic is Victoria’s startup development agency. LaunchVic invests in organisations and projects that empower entrepreneurs to scale innovative companies and deliver new industry benefits to the Victorian economy.
Startup Success Series: Marketing: How to Cut Through with Strong Messaging
Building a successful e-commerce business can be tough. Anyone can put their product on the internet but getting happy paying customers is a different story. Getting traffic to your site is often challenging (and expensive), and once you’ve made a sale, you’ve got the fresh problem of delivering the product safely to your customer.
Join us as we dive into the world of e-commerce and chat to the experts who understand this area the most. We will be having a panel discussion with Katija Vlatkovich, CEO @ Misfit Digital (Melbourne-based e-commerce marketing agency), Julian Bartram, Community Manager @ Shopify (A leading e-commerce software) and Einat Sukenik, Co-Founder & CEO @ TradeSquare (the largest wholesale marketplace in Australia).
You can expect to learn about:
- Tips to building an engaging e-commerce website
- How to set up your e-commerce for success from day one
- How to increase traffic and conversion rates
- How to map out product distribution channels
- Misfit Digital
- The 10-Step Process for Building a Thriving Community from Scratch
- How do you do great customer discovery?
- Klaviyo for email marketing
- SendGrid for email campaigns
- ActiveCampaign for email marketing
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- About Facebook Pixel
- Full Story
- To find freelance work you can check out Up Work + Fiverr
- 5 tips to level up your partnership with an app marketplace
- How to Advertise on Facebook
- Facebook ads training
- Facebook Ad Policies
- What Is CRO and Why Does It Matter?
- Learn to communicate your why with, Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Return Magic for managing product returns
- Shippit for shipping support
- Carro, a collaborative commerce network
- Delivery partners include: Starshipit,