Startup Success: From Founder to CEO
Are you the Founder of a fast growing startup? Are you trying to decide whether to step into the role of CEO or hire someone else for this position?
One of the biggest challenges you’ll face as a founder is determining whether to transition into the role of CEO yourself or bring in someone externally. As your startup scales and changes you’ll need to decide how your role will evolve with it and how to prepare for those changes.
We have gathered together founders in the startup space who have experienced these decisions and transitions first hand. Join us for this panel discussion as we unpack the benefits and drawbacks of going from Founder to CEO and share tips about how to make that transition smoothly.
We’ll be talking to:
- Dom Pym – Founder @ Up, Ferocia, Pin Payments & Clear Interactive
- Taryn Williams – Founder & CEO @ theright.fit, The Influencers Agency, WINK Models and #Gifted
- Michael De Wldt – Co-Founder @ Influx Inc
You can expect to learn about:
- The pros and cons of going from Founder to CEO.
- How to know when to hire someone else for this role and the skill set to look for.
- What the transition is like and how to best prepare for this change.
The recording will be available very soon.
- High Output Management – Andy grove
- The hard thing about hard things – Ben Horowitz
- Venture deals – Brad Feld & Jason Mendelson
- The E myth – Michael E. Gerber
- Conscious Business – Fred Kofman
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
Looking for support with your idea or startup?
Startup Victoria is Australia’s largest startup community, with over 60,000 people. Our community is founded on the notion of founders helping founders. Join our Startup Vic community today.