Startup Success Series: Navigating the New Talent Pool
The Startup Success Series is designed to provide insight and education on the topics that matter most to the founder community right now.
Each week Startup Victoria hosts a 1-hour webinar for the community, focussing on a specific topic. There’s only so much we can squeeze into 60 minutes, so following each webinar you can access further resources in our Startup Success Series articles.
In the past few weeks, many startup employees and experienced corporate professionals have entered the available talent pool. With this change comes opportunity; startups and founders now have a rare chance to secure more than their fair share of bright talent to help their startup grow.
Virtual Event Recording
About: For this edition of Startup Success Series, Startup Vic Director of Programs and Partnerships Poppy Trewhella sat down with Paige Pomare, Head of Talent & Engagement at Who Gives A Crap and Mitch King, Talent Acquisition Manager at Linktree to discuss the new talent pool following COVID-19’s effect on business, and how founders can best navigate it.
- 2:17 – Introductions
- 5:12 – Changes in the talent market since COVID-19
- 12:30 – Tips on sorting through strong and weak candidates
- 17:28 – Managing the candidate experience
- 21:47 – How to make your startup attractive to candidates
- 31:55 – Global and remote talent and hiring
- 39:03 – Advice for candidates looking for roles
- 44:25 – Q&A
Blogs and Articles
About: A collation of blogs and articles on recruitment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recruitment best practices during COVID-19
- Recruiting During COVID-19: What Has Changed?
- 8 Questions Employers Should Ask About Coronavirus
- How HR leaders are preparing for the coronavirus
- Managing the Candidate Experience During the COVID-19 Crisis
- A Guide to Managing Remote Teams
Coronavirus HR Comms & Resources Guide
About: A crowdsourced collection of resources for HR and business leaders to help inform and support Coronavirus response plans. Includes a collection of public Coronavirus response communications, templates, news, remote work, hiring impact, and resources. Access the guide here.