Startup Onramp launches online Founders Course so you can launch your startup from home
We’ve all heard the gloomy statistic that ninety percent of all startups fail. With the right support, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Startups are working against the odds. They are trying to displace much larger and better-funded competitors with strong brands and a loyal customer base. Many battle on with a fraction of the resources they need and only a vague idea of where they are heading.
We’ve found that most startup founders stumble by making predictable and avoidable mistakes. They simply (and understandably) don’t know a lot of the practical stuff behind making a startup work. Especially in these times of physical distancing, founders face even greater challenges. They lack the support of an established ecosystem and often have reduced access to the right skills and advice.
We want to turn this around.
Startup Onramp is on a mission to help create thousands of successful startups. We created the Founders Course to give new and aspiring startup founders the knowledge, skills and connections to start a company and maximise its chances of success, regardless of where they are in the world – and even if they’re stuck at home.
Introducing the Founders Course
We’ve taken our acclaimed 12-week Pre-Accelerator Program and paired it with the expertise of 20 of Australia’s best startup minds. The result is a practical online training and mentoring program that we believe will 10 x your chances of startup success.
By completing the Startup Onramp Founders Course you’ll learn:
- How to work out if your startup idea is any good – and change it fast if it’s not
- How to test your idea with customers
- How to recruit and work with developers
- How to build a Minimum Viable Product
- How to get the legal structure right
- How to launch your product and get your first customers
- How to raise money from investors
- How to build a world class team
- And much, much more!
Meet Your Instructor: Colin Kinner
The Founders Course is presented by Colin Kinner, founder of Startup Onramp. Colin is one of Australia’s most experienced startup coaches and mentors, having worked with several hundred emerging entrepreneurs. He is also a leading expert on Australia’s startup ecosystem and has authored a number of publications on the topic. During the past ten years, Colin has been Program Director for the Horizons Travel and Tourism Accelerator, Investment Manager for the CEA Startup Fund, Mission Lead for the Startup Catalyst Silicon Valley mission, mentor at River City Labs and CEO of ilab Incubator.
He is passionate about helping startup founders to be successful by learning from the experiences of others.
Founders Course participants will also learn from some of Australia’s most accomplished startup founders, experts and mentors, including:
- Danielle Lewis, Founder and CEO, Scrunch
- Conor Hagan, Co-founder, Explorate
- Fleur Brown, Director, Launch Group
- Matt Barrie, Founder and CEO, Freelancer.com
- Jordan Boswood, Owner, Simple Freelance
- Stefan Knight, Amazon Web Services
- Holly Cardew, Founder and CEO, Pixc
- Ben Johnston, Co-founder and CEO, Josephmark
- Dee Deng, CEO, Right Hook Digital
- Robert Buehrig, Founder and CEO, Cogniom
- Peta Ellis, Co-founder, Tribe Global
- Nick Shewring, EIR, Startup Onramp
- Royce Crown, Founder, Monarc Global
- Brad Pengelly, Founder, Hoops
- Judy Anderson, CEO, Startup Victoria
- David Ryan, Founder, Paratags
- Sarah Moran, CEO, Girl Geek Academy
- Shaun Restorick-Barton, Law Squared
- Elicia McDonald, Principal, AirTree Ventures
Who is this Course For?
The Founders Course is for startup founders with global ambitions, and anyone with an idea for a startup who wants to get things right the first time. If you’ve launched a startup, you have an idea for a startup, you are working on a product and want to turn it into a global business, or if you’re just curious about what it would take to throw in the 9 to 5 and start a scalable business, the Founders Course is for you.
What do I get from the Founders Course?
You will significantly increase your chances of success by learning what steps to take and what to avoid. You’ll follow a proven, practical framework and put your learnings into action in your own startup. Comprising 8 hours of video content across 30 modules, the course includes interviews with some of Australia’s most accomplished startup founders and experts. Importantly, in these challenging times, the Founders Course is fully online and can be completed from the safety and comfort of home.
The Founders Course also includes six online group mentoring sessions via webinar, led by Startup Onramp Founder and CEO, Colin Kinner.
On completing the course you’ll qualify for more than $10,000 worth of products and services from our partners – Amazon Web Services, HubSpot and LawPath.
There is no doubt that 2020 is off to a rough start. However, some of the best entrepreneurs are born in times of upheaval. If you find yourself with time on your hands, don’t waste it. Make 2020 the year you launch your startup from home and set it on the path to success.
Do you have questions about the Founders Course? We’d love to help you answer them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.startuponramp.com/founderscourse to learn more.