UX/UI Product Designer
Launchpad have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter, proactive and ambitious and would like to work with a small and friendly team. As the UX UI Designer at our Melbourne HQ, you will take ownership of the agency’s design requirements, processes and deliverables. You will have demonstrated a strong commercial understanding through your previous projects and taken an outcome driven approach.
We collaborate with brands, businesses and entrepreneurs from around the globe building digital products and businesses that make a real impact. Launchpad brings a strong commercial approach to all projects we work on and drives outcomes that reflect the business objectives of the partners we work with.
We provide great work life balance and a friendly and supportive culture as well as travel and training opportunities. We offer bonuses should the company meet targets and share options are on offer for the right candidate.
You’ll be a hands on UX/UI Designer with strong demonstrated experience designing world class mobile and web apps and a passion for design excellence. With a small team, you’ll be able to drive efficiency and results and will have the chance to build a team around you as the company grows.
- Lead a small team of high performing UX/UI design professionals.
- Lead design workshops in collaboration with product managers.
- Account management covering the complete product development lifecycle.
- Writing style guides and setting the design direction for all projects.
- Create wireframes that clearly explain how the features and functions flow.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and user scenarios.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate what the application will look like.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user/client feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Produce development-ready UI designs that follow industry best practice.
- Collaborating daily with other team members including developers, project managers and designers.
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience in UX/UI design or similar role (Agency experience highly valued).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Good understanding of UX principles and methodologies.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Proto.io etc.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Visual design skills producing inspiring and engaging work.
- Technically, you will have a strong understanding of both UX and UI, typography, colour, branding and front-end capabilities.
- CMS platforms such as WordPress, HTML, CSS and other front end technologies are a bonus but not critical for the role.