Technical Lead / Lead Developer
Are you a developer looking to build and launch a new product that users are calling out for, with the potential to shake up the travel industry? Are you looking for your next challenge and are up for a start up opportunity?
At Travis we are on a mission to reimagine travel – to make it unimaginably simple and personalised for you to discover, plan and share your travels, from a single platform. Our goal is to bring this to life, launch in-market with Australian and global users in 2020.
But early stage start-up isn’t for everyone. So.. who would best fit this role?
You will be playing a foundational role in shaping the development of the platform and business, alongside two co-founders.
- You’re curious and adaptable. Pivots and new challenges excite you to ask the right questions and find a potential way forward.
- You’re resourceful and outcomes-focused. You’re able to draw on your expertise to drive development to deliver within timelines and constraints.
- You’re a keen traveller. You’re in tune with the traveller journey – highs and lows, and are passionate about reimagining the future travel experience.
- You dream big, and are looking to shape your own role. We’ve defined an indication of the role as best as we can – but we would like to learn about your expertise, interests, and how you see yourself best positioned for this role. Ultimately, we believe in bringing together a team with complementary skillsets.
What does the role look like on a day to day?
- Development (70%): Build, test, and deploy the application for internal and user testing, drive development timelines to meet business objectives, define and set up technical workflows and necessary documentation
- Technology Architecture & Strategy (30%): Define the technical architecture and ensure that it aligns to the business needs and objectives, evaluate potential technologies to inform potential investments
From a technical perspective you should have..
- Advanced understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and JS and related frameworks (Vue, React, Angular or similar)
- Experience working with web services and headless CMS
- Hands-on experience using DevOps Tools; Atlassian, bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence
- Solid understanding on Version control tools like GIT and git-based workflow
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
Current MVP stack: Vue.js / Vuex, Nuxt.js, Zeit, Firebase – Authentication, Firestore, Cloud functions, Storage, Google APIs integration – Maps, Places – Part of this role would be designing with scaleability in mind and moving to a new stack.
We are also curious about any experience you have with:
- Mobile development
- Cloud / serverless architectures
- Machine learning and personalisation models
Who will you be working with?
Two co-founders. Based in Melbourne CBD, with flexible working arrangements possible. Salary and equity package on offer.
Curious? Email Nicole at email@example.com by Monday 20 Jan to find out more or apply with:
- Why this role at Travis is perfect for your next step
- Your CV
- Links to recent work / GitHub