We’re a Startup Studio that provides a suite of legal and accounting services along with purpose-built education curriculum. Our uniquely-cultivated network opens up invaluable parts of the startup ecosystem—including investors, mentors and subject-matter experts—and supports entrepreneurs in launching, scaling, pitching for investment, and beyond. We are an agile team that focuses on delivering customised solutions to founders looking to reimagine the world.
We know that legal and accounting are the most essential services for entrepreneurs throughout their startup lifecycle. That’s why we consolidate and bring together these two functions under one roof. LUNA provides consistent, cross-functional support to create the critical foundations required for any thriving startup. We then pair these services with expert mentorship, education and subject-matter expertise to nurture well-rounded founders so they have a higher chance of building Australia’s next billion dollar businesses.
Our growth has been exponential over the past five years and we are looking to grow our existing strategic tax offering (which sits within our broader accounting arm) by bringing in more talented tax and accounting minds into our team. People of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply and specifically women, people of colour and First Nations People. You should keep reading if you:
- Are based in Melbourne or Sydney
- Have studied a bachelor of commerce or accounting with 5+ years of professional experience
- Have broad experience in the SME space and /or corporate tax providing tax advisory and compliance services (advisory experience may include assisting businesses with an optimal structure for initial setup and funding, restructuring, and M&A activity)
- Have a desire to learn at a really fast pace and have excellent attention to detail
- Worked with Xero in the past and are familiar with a broad range of integrations
- Believe commercial realities must be balanced against tax and compliance complexities
- Are passionate about innovation and the idea an ever changing work environment
- Crave connection with your teammates and are willing to foster that connection through team building, personal and professional development
- ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT BIG CHALLENGE
It would be an added bonus if you have any of the following in your toolkit:
- Experience with the tax issues associated with long term incentive plans
- Are CA or CPA qualified
- You had a law degree
- You are a registered BAS or tax agent
- You have experience working with technology companies and VC funds
- You have prior experience as a founder
- Mad excel skills
- Experience providing broader business advisory services (e.g. VCFO, financial modelling, new tech implementation, bookkeeping etc)
Your role at LUNA
- Building LUNA’s tax practice — being a startup ourselves, we want you to play an integral role in building our tax business, doing everything from creating new products to imagining new and wonderful ways to help our clients succeed.
- Delivering accounting services — providing end to end accounting support to the most exciting startups in Australia with a focus on tax compliance and tax advisory that is tailored to the startup world.
- Developing into an all round financial wiz and startup expert — we want you to grow with LUNA and develop into a financial wiz capable of assisting our clients with any financial need they have, whether it be helping them with tax returns, restructuring, financial modelling, understanding their cash flow or helping them prepare for their next raise.
Why choose us?
- We are a highly motivated team that lives and breathes behaviours that bring our values to life. All team members are accountable to these behaviours and values, no matter how senior.
- We’re at the forefront of what’s happening in Australia’s startup landscape… like, so far at the front of the bus the driver can hear us breathing. We’re at events, co-working spaces, incubators and accelerators. Work at LUNA is anything but chained to your desk…
- We have an incredible amount of fun together. We had a sock-wrestling tournament once and, to be honest, everyone was a winner that day.
- Generous investment in your personal development and future career aspirations. We want you to be great — Majestic. Like a unicorn… but in your own body.
- Flexible work options are available to all LUNA employees. Some of us are parents, some of us need a bit of alone time sometimes, and some of us just can’t get in early because we stayed up late watching all ten seasons of Friends again. Whatever it is, we can work around it.
- An extra week of leave on top of the Australian 4-week paid leave minimum. An extra week of paid vacation time, people!
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. We’re proud of creating a safe space for different kinds of people and all kinds of ideas.