Want to make a difference at work AND make a difference in the world?
A bit about us:
Hi, we’re Who Gives a Crap! We make eco-friendly toilet paper (as well as tissues and paper towels) and donate 50% of our profits to help build toilets for the 2.3 billion people in need.
We absolutely love doing good, but we’re also exceptionally good at it. To date, we’ve donated over AUD$2.6 million to fund sanitation projects around the globe. We’ve grown quickly – selling directly to customers across three continents and establishing a strong B2B business in Australia that’s expanding to the UK market this year.
Our team is made up of over 80 amazing humans working out of Melbourne, Los Angeles, China, and Manila. We’re working hard to reach our ambitious goals and diversify our product range to ensure we can have the greatest impact possible – both for the planet and its people. With your help, we’re hoping to increase our annual donation 10-fold in the next couple of years and continue to make the most beautiful, eco-friendly goods around.
A bit about the role:
We love all humans and we’re pleased to be welcoming a new baby one into our P&C team very soon (cue cute woolen cardigans, tiny hats with pom poms and booties). Thanks to our supportive parental leave policy, we’ve got an opportunity for a kick butt People Person to join our team for 6 months or so, with the potential for ongoing project or specialist opportunities.
Does some of this sound familiar? How very observant of you! We recently advertised for a People & Culture Lead and have since rescoped the role to have a more specific focus on talent. So, this isn’t an additional role but an “instead of” role! Anyway, we digress.
The key focus of this role will be to drive our people mapping, talent strategy, recruitment execution and onboarding experience to ensure we remain connected to our business needs and foster a happy, healthy and thriving culture. Reporting into our VP of People & Culture, you’ll provide leadership to, and collaborate with, our LA based Talent & Team Experience Lead, ensuring they’re feeling supported and empowered.
You’ll bring a human centered design approach to help us to ensure our talent processes are equitable and seamless on all ends and that we’re delivering a candidate experience that rivals our customer experience (look out CX team!). You’ll help us to constantly challenge our thinking on DE&I and take the lead on talent initiatives that support this work. You’ll provide our Hiring Managers with the tools and training they need to feel comfortable as they embark on mapping their people needs, designing inspiring roles and hiring and onboarding their amazing new team members.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Onboarded 14 new casuals into our Melbourne based Customer Happiness Team to help with crazy volumes, getting their onboarding buttoned up in record timing.
- Joined a webinar on Health Anxiety hosted by our mental wellbeing platform, Uprise, with a view to ensure our candidate and onboarding experience is empathetic of the current climate.
- Jumped into our talent pool to splash around in amazing profiles for the roles currently in the pipeline and captured some crush candidates to review with your Hiring Managers.
- Celebrated having 8 offers approved and enjoyed all the warm fuzzies that come with knowing your team are kicking butt at delighting candidates with their offer delivery.
- Responded to business capacity constraints by doing some quick reprioritization of our talent and recruitment, ensuring the maintained focus of supporting our teams and candidates throughout.
- Geeked out on the Textio <> Greenhouse integration because, wow, technology these days!
- Partnered with our Production and Logistics teams to write job specs that ensure we’re articulating clear, meaningful and inspiring expectations and designing roles that truly support our business needs and our teams’ individual growth.
- Kicked off the onboarding planning for 4 new team members joining next month in 3 different hub locations, remembering to dig deep to ensure you can deliver the same delightful experience during a totally remote onboarding period!
- Spent about 13 minutes digging around in calendars to try and find some time to collaborate with your peers across LA and Melbourne on scoping out a few new roles in their team.
- Written this job ad (well, I mean, we wouldn’t have needed this exact ad if you were here already, but you get the gist).
Let’s talk about you
You’re a true people geek. Your P&C experience may stem from a range of backgrounds but you’ve found your sweet spot when it comes to partnering with the business to deliver talent strategies and execute delightful recruitment experiences.
You thrive in a high touch environment and have proven experience adapting your style to the needs of a diverse and fast paced business. You don’t play favourites when it comes to the different elements of the talent process. You’re just as pumped about drafting job specs for new roles as you are about making job offers.
You’re a true connector
You’re obviously really into connecting people with roles, but you’ve also got experience connecting recruitment to the holistic employee experience and playing a pivotal role in the broader P&C function. You know the value of your role doesn’t end when the contract is signed and you’re bursting with ideas on how to seamlessly connect the recruitment and onboarding experience to set our newest team members up for success.
You’re a sucker for good process
You’ve got experience turning practice into process and helping others streamline work they haven’t had time to step away from. You’ve had experience coming up with a brand new idea and also know what it takes to get in the zone to deliver it. Your energy and enthusiasm sticks with you right to the end, not just the shiny and exciting kick off!
You <3 technology as much as humans
As a distributed team, we live on Slack, Zoom and the Google Suite and we know the value of a damn good virtual backdrop or gif. Our people platforms like Greenhouse, Culture Amp and BambooHR are pretty fancy too. We rely on these tools to keep our team connected and we want you to feel confident and comfortable embracing this way of working.
You give a crap
Yep. We’re all here because we genuinely want to make the world a better place with our work, and we want you to want that too! Awwww.
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making a difference. The more we grow, the bigger an impact we’ll have. Sell your soul no longer! We think that’s a pretty great perk, but we don’t stop there…
If you have a great idea, we’ll do everything we can to make it happen. This is the kind of role that will be hard to find anywhere else: you’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a fast-paced startup at a crucial point in its trajectory.
The job is also amazingly flexible, something we’re working hard to hold onto even as we grow super quickly and navigate some tricky times in the world. We started the business remotely so we’re easily able to adapt to working from home but our team’s generally spend a few days together in our coworking space.
We may not have a drinks trolley but we do have an endless supply of toilet paper, and in this current era, that brings way more street cred.
Lastly, you get to say the word ‘crap’ more than in any other job. Guaranteed.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a social enterprise doesn’t mean you’ll get paid peanuts. Think chocolate covered macadamia nuts with some extra perks thrown in. In other words, we pay competitively and are determined to make this the best job you’ll ever have.
On top of the normal perks like annual leave, we also provide flexibility to take extra unpaid leave or travel while working, we provide a health insurance stipend, access to a digital mental wellbeing support platform, training and development budget and a whole lot of other stuff. And did we mention the free toilet paper?
We’ll be moving quickly and won’t be taking applications for long so we’d love to see you apply soon! Everyone will hear from us with an update on their application, we promise!
We’re ideally looking for someone to join us full time for 6 months but if you got all the way to the bottom of this ad and were sitting there thinking “oh wow, if only I could do this for 4 months” or “hmm I wonder if they’d be up for me doing this 4 days a week” then we still want to hear from you. We can’t guarantee anything, but we’re always up for a challenge!