Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer
Rome2rio makes travel planning easy. We are a door-to-door travel search and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. With millions of unique monthly visitors, our travel search and booking service is one of the top online travel planning tools used around the world.
We are looking for a System Administrator / Development Operations Engineer to join our growing team in Melbourne. In this role, you’ll work within the Platform team to ensure that our infrastructure is maintained and that the development teams have the tools and environments required to work efficiently on the range of engineering projects that make Rome2rio successful.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- automating and optimising server commissioning and maintenance ;
- maintaining our growing infrastructure ;
- assisting in the configuration and maintenance of developer services ;
- monitoring site availability, reliability, and performance ;
- creating and implementing plans to tackle redundancies, backups, and recovery ;
- assisting in managing our site and infrastructure security ;
- managing our local office network and providing general technical support ;
- providing technical assistance in product releases and deploys; and
- researching, recommending, and implementing technical solutions for infrastructure, monitoring, and related problems.
Check out our company blog for an idea of what we are busy working on.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody who has a real passion for systems administration. Qualifications are valued but not required. Experience with a broad toolkit, the ability to thrive independently, and a “get stuff done” attitude are important to us. We value people who are platform agnostic and are willing to work in any software (or hardware) environment. You must be based in Melbourne.
More details: https://www.rome2rio.com/careers/systems-administrator-devops-engineer/