Summer internship – Ruby on Rails
Love Ruby on Rails? Want to be part of an early-stage disruptive health tech startup?
Open Health is a social enterprise to develop, trial and launch a world-first comprehensive lifestyle change platform into our health system, and into the social context of everyday life.
We will soon be bringing together a development team and want to offer an opportunity to junior developers to participate in a summer internship to gain valuable application experience, with the added potential for stand out candidates to become part of the future development team. An allowance towards your expenses will be paid and at the end of the internship you will receive a formal reference and can list the internship on your resume.
- You’re good with code, maybe self-taught, definitely passionate about it
- You’ve experienced Ruby, Gems and have written some custom code
- You’re looking for experience developing a real-world application
- You’re keen to gain understanding of the for-purpose sector
- A blend of not for profit, social enterprise and health tech startup
- Interested in the social and environmental context of health and behaviour
- Working to address chronic and lifestyle-related disease in a practical way
- We are purpose-driven people with a big vision to improve health and healthcare
You’ll get hands-on experience working on an enterprise-scale Ruby on Rails development, under the supervision of the project lead and software engineer and in the company of our small administrative team. You’ll also gain an understanding of the role of not for profits in health and healthcare, stakeholders, philanthropic funding and capital raising. Read more about the project at www.openhealth.org.au.
9 January – 28 February 2020. The internship commences with orientation on 8 January (afternoon) and supervised work commencing 9 January through to 22 January. Work then continues with a mix of in-person and remote supervision until 28 February.
The interns will be working with our small admin team in a coworking space in Thornbury surrounded by a like-minded community of creatives. It’s a vibrant and engaging place to work.