Startup Vic Community Manager
About Startup Victoria
Startup Victoria exists to create more founders, better founders. We believe that building a business can change your life and the lives of others. We’re here for the misfits, for the risk-takers, for those mad enough to believe in the transformative power of a great idea. Our community sits at the very heart of the Victorian startup ecosystem. From first-time founders to high-performing pros, we’re proud to serve startups in Victoria by providing world-class founder support services.
We are seeking a Community Manager to coordinate Startup Victoria’s new memberships program, which includes 4 cohorts of founders and community members. The Community Manager also delivers regular events and programs and is always ready to roll up their sleeves to provide world-class founder support services that empower and inspire Victorians.
- Program management – managing regular community events and programs like Pitch Night, Founder Connect, Office Hours and Startup Success Series. Coordinating events around the Victorian CBD or digitally via Zoom.
- Event management – coordinating speakers and attendees for virtual events via Zoom and Google Calendar, and arranging catering and venues for in-person events.
- Member success – coordinating our memberships program and events, like Startup Study Group and Peer Lunches. This includes onboarding, fielding queries and communications, and supporting members to access benefits.
- Team support – supporting other members of the Startup Victoria team with administration for other programs and special projects.
- Relationship management – representing the Startup Victoria brand in all dealings with community members, partners and stakeholders.
- Reporting – managing community databases and reporting outcomes to meet program and event milestones.
- Self-motivated and independent
- A ‘people person’ with high EQ and top-notch attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience working with CRM software
- Communications or copywriting experience
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Slack, Eventbrite, Zoom, and social media platforms
- Experience working in the startup space (ideal but not essential)
- Familiarity with WordPress or coding languages (ideal but not essential)
How we’d like to work with you
This is a full-time position based in our Cremorne co-working space. You must have the right to work in Australia.
We’re a small, flexible, and inclusive team which often works remotely or around other co-working spaces in the CBD as we serve startups in Victoria with world-class founder support services. There’s always something new to learn, and you’ll have access to an incredible network of trailblazers in the Victorian startup space.
Our team embodies the Startup Vic values. We have faith in each other, and trust in the generative power of community. We believe in having open hearts and strong backs – in carrying a bold ethos in a lighthearted stride. We believe in blood, sweat, tears and spontaneity. We exist for the eternal optimists, for the misfits, for the ones who feel the fear and persevere. Startup Vic is a community of sharers, mutually driven to always give back more than we take.