Software Engineering Lead
There’s a simple, but radical idea that’s gaining traction in humanitarian aid. It’s one that we find particularly inspiring: The best way to help people affected by a disaster isn’t to ship them emergency supplies from the other side of the planet – just give people money, no strings attached.
Sempo builds technology which helps aid organisations distribute relief funds directly to people in crises so that they can immediately buy what they need. We use human-centred design approaches to solve beneficiary enrollment, cash disbursement and program monitoring in one seamless platform.
What you will do:
- Work in a cross-disciplinary, lean team
- Build fast, efficient and user-orientated products for the world’s most vulnerable populations
- Contribute to product architecture decisions to help us continue to rapidly iterate
- Communicate and implement best practices for front-end and back-end engineering
- Identify the best solutions for complex problems
- Work closely with the co-founders, providing engineering leadership, and ownership over the complete product stack.
What we value:
- You take responsibility and ownership over your work
- You jump at the opportunity to learn something new
- You care about others, especially the customer
- You are dedicated to achieving the best outcome for the customer
- 2+ years experience building software or hardware products (either in your own time or through the course of employment)
- Comfortable working with Python to build object-oriented back-end code
- Comfortable developing tests for an entire software stack
- Implementing and extending on automated testing suites sounds fun