Snr Python Developer
At Qsic we’re using human curation, AI, and IoT devices to build a retail and commercial analytics platform to help clients to understand and predict customer behaviour. We’ve just closed a Series A, and we’re looking to expand the team to help realise our 2021 goals.
Our engineering team runs our streaming music and business intelligence platform, one that is used by some of Australia’s most-respected retail, hospitality and quick-service businesses.
Qsic is looking for multiple Senior Software Engineers to join our engineering team. We are looking for the right people, with a focus on building scalable, cloud-native APIs, to join a collaborative team to help build our current technology stack for the future.
Reporting to the engineering manager, this is an opportunity to come into a one-of-a-kind, technology-rich company and have an immediate impact, and potentially to lead others. You’ll take existing Python applications and make them really shine, and share your experience working in high-performing teams to help us build groundbreaking products.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about new technology and keen to join a fun and rewarding team, Qsic is the place for you!
- Write test-driven Python in an Agile environment.
- Build and support our backend infrastructure to support our current customer base, as we grow here at home and into other countries.
- Build API’s and management layers for the IoT fleet that powers our customer installations, using Django.
- Work on existing embedded systems and the implementation of new systems, alongside our IoT team.
- Create internal tooling for our customer support team.
- Bring security enhancements to our current API’s and embedded systems.
- Work with colleagues across the business on new project specifications and requirements.
- Design the next iteration of our platform.
- Coach other developers to assist them in integrating new ideas into the current development pipeline.
- Take ideas and concepts, and turn them into new products and offerings.
- Work with some amazing people and have an impact on the future of Qsic.
- You have 5+ years of commercial Python experience with examples of your work.
- You develop fault-tolerant applications within AWS using some or all of the following: CloudFormation, Lambda, ECS, RDS Aurora (MySQL & Postgres), Elastic Beanstalk, S3 & CloudFront.
- You have recent commercial experience working with Django and Django Rest Framework.
- You’ve worked in a Test-Driven Development environment.
- You have a working knowledge of CI tools (Jenkins) and Git Flow processes.
- You are someone who stays up-to-date with best practices and technologies and can bring these to the development team and management for discussion.
- You can share knowledge and teach peers and more junior developers alike.
- You work best when given autonomy and clear goals.
- MacBook Pro, dual Dell monitors, and adjustable standing desk.
- A training budget for you to work on your skills.
- Flexible working arrangements after the initial onboarding period.
- Room to grow as a developer, as well as teach those junior to you.
- Work with the latest technologies and frameworks.
- Great team and open environment.
- Have an impact on the future direction of the team.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining why you think Qsic is the right fit for you.