Senior Startup Accountant
**Applications and interviews are being processed on a rolling basis. The role will be offered to the first most eligible candidate. Women, LGBTIQ and those from culturally & linguistically diverse backgrounds are all strongly encouraged to apply.**
It’s official, Australia is the fifth most startup-friendly country in the world and, with almost 1500 startups in the ecosystem, it’s only a matter of time until you’ll see our vast, sprawling countryside dotted with big, beautiful unicorns.
At LUNA — Australia’s go-to startup studio — we partner with the best founders to launch & grow game-changing ventures. From tech startups to social enterprises, new ventures to global scalability, we’re passionate about startups that are changing the world and we’re hooked on walking the journey with founders as they bring their ideas to life.
Based in Melbourne, we provide the services any startup needs to launch & scale; from legal to investment, financial services to education and a whole lot in between. In fact, we’re on a mission to completely change the face of startup support both locally and abroad.
We’re growing the Unicorn Appreciation Society, looking to add a passionate Senior Accountant to our team of startup experts. While 3-4 years of professional accounting experience will certainly help your cause, we are open to all applications if you bring the right mix! We are a growing startup ourselves and we value aspiring accountants that have had varied experience in other fields, with mixed interests and passions!
Does it sound like we’re talking about you? Keep reading!
As a Senior Startup Accountant, you will deliver premium accounting services to our clients in a way that is meaningful and relatable for startups. You’ll go to sleep at night dreaming of new ways to connect with our founders and you’ll wake up in the morning excited and ready to implement initiatives to turn those dreams into reality. As well as immersing yourself in the trenches of startup life alongside our founders, you’ll be working hard to build our financial services practice and stay one-step ahead of the curve to ensure we are providing a fresh and innovative service.
Your role in a nutshell:
- Delivering financial services — with a focus on tax, VCFO and bookkeeping work.
- Developing into a financial wiz and startup expert — we want you to grow with LUNA and develop into a financial wiz capable of assisting our clients with any financial need they have, whether it be helping them with tax planning, financial modelling or understanding their cash flow.
- Assisting with the growth and development of LUNA — being a startup ourselves, we want this hire to play an integral role in building our financial services business, assisting with everything from winning new clients to implementing new tech and imagining new and wonderful ways to help our clients succeed.
What makes you stand out?
- We strongly encourage female candidates to apply.
- You LOVE the excitement of startups.
- You’ve got 3+ years of accounting experience under your belt from either a private clients team at a top-4 firm or client services at a mid-tier firm.
- You have broad tax and small to medium size client services experience.
- A willingness and desire to operate in a fast paced, ever evolving environment. To be part of our growth story.
- You have completed your CA or CPA.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities, and commitment to deadlines.
- You might have experience as a founder yourself, either current or prior.
What makes us stand out?
- We’re at the forefront of what’s happening in Australia’s startup landscape… like, so far at the front of the bus the driver can hear us breathing. We’re at events, co-working spaces, incubators and accelerators. Work at LUNA is anything but chained to your desk…
- We have an incredible amount of fun together. We had a sock-wrestling tournament once and, to be honest, everyone was a winner that day.
- Generous investment in your personal development and future career aspirations. We want you to be great — Majestic. Like a unicorn… but in your own body.
- Flexible work options are available to all LUNA employees. Some of us are parents, some of us need a bit of alone time sometimes, and some of us just can’t get in early because we stayed up late watching all ten seasons of Friends again. Whatever it is, we can work around it.
- An extra week of leave on top of the Australian 4-week paid leave minimum. An extra week of paid vacation time, people!
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our leadership team is equal parts men and women, as is our greater team. AND we’re proud of creating a safe space for different kinds of people and all kinds of ideas.