Senior Software Engineer
At Ally Assist, our vision is to link people with disability to the team they want and need, to achieve their goals in the easiest way possible. A person signs up with us, we understand exactly what they need and then we match them with somebody they’ll love working with.
We have a large and growing community of allied health professionals, therapy assistants, support coordinators and disability workers; we build the tools to make working together simple and effective.
What We’re Building:
Our Ally Assist web app is already being used by hundreds of users across Australia. As we enter our next phase we will be developing a new platform to support a mobile app, provide business-in-a-box solutions to our healthcare providers, and scale with our rapidly growing user base.
Using the latest Angular and serverless technologies, our engineering team will be key to Ally Assist’s continuing success.
This is where you come in.
Software engineering is the core of our long-term strategy at Ally Assist. We’re a health company that’s built on data, continuous improvement, and effective, beautiful, high performing products. Join our fast-growing team, and take ownership of our engineering and technology strategy.
You’ll be presented with opportunities to assist with anything from deciding the next product feature to influencing our technology stack, and ultimately shaping how we grow as a company.
Why join Ally Assist?
- You’ll be working on projects that influence the lives of actual people and families around Australia, making a real and measurable difference (see our Google reviews)
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country
- The chance to join early and set the tone for our engineering team: the processes, the people, the strategy
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to work from home and our office in Clayton, Victoria
People living with disability encouraged to apply.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re a quick learner. Able to skill up on an unfamiliar language or framework when you need to, and to adapt to our constantly changing environment.
- You have a growth mindset. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- You’ll be given a problem rather than a solution. You’ll be invited to talk to the team, gather the data and build the right solution your way.
- Strong attention to product UI/UX; a burning desire to make sure the things you create look and feel great.
- Attention to detail. Although speed is important, in healthcare we don’t have the liberty of shipping unrefined products for early testing.
- Hands-on engineering and writing code for the Angular / Firebase web app, shipping features that affect how thousands of users engage with the product.
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Influence the product roadmap, based on a data-informed feedback cycle with users. Navigating the hidden complexities of building a personalised and effective app experience.
- Design the infrastructure and strategy for Ally Assist to enable support for multiple different user classes with varying permissions to different datasets, all across thousands of users.
- Work closely with the design team to create accessible and beautiful products that people love.
- Continuously look for ways to use technology to increase the effectiveness of our healthcare workers.
- Mentoring junior engineers and helping grow and develop the engineering team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer developing complex applications
- Experience working with Firebase noSQL database
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in setting up build infrastructure and architecture
- An understanding of engineering best practices
- Experience with Flutter
- Experience developing accessibility features for web apps
- Experience building consumer/health apps, understanding the complexities behind a mobile app
- An understanding of how to collaborate with designers, using programs such as Figma and Sketch