Senior/Lead Software Engineer
The product is a web-based mobile visual menu & in-venue ordering solution with photos of every dish, ingredient descriptions, translation of the menu into 5 different languages and dietary filters. We believe menus should be personalised, imagine the “Spotify for dining”. An example: mryum.com/stali
Melbourne’s best venues are already onboard including Mamasita, Lucy Liu, Proud Mary, Three Bags Full, St Ali and so many more.
With so much demand and funding secured, we are now seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer with solid back-end experience, to build a stable and scalable product. The candidate may want to take on leadership responsibility, or, they may just really love to cut code.
Currently, we have an MVP and we need to evolve it. A neat greenfield opportunity.
- You are an experienced senior backend engineer that has worked on both large applications as well as scaling up smaller applications.
- You have very strong understanding of linux (e.g. debian / ubuntu) and are more than comfortable working from the command line.
- You feel right at home with SQL and can easily reason about database structure, indexes and performance (we use postgres).
- You are comfortable working in a NodeJS backend environment, but also have experience in various other backend languages like (e.g. PHP/Ruby/Golang/Python etc).
- You have experience in building out backend zero downtime and scalable infrastructure and discussing tradeoffs (currently we are on AWS).
- You have experience working and synchronising with 3rd party databases (we use AirTable as a CMS and want to improve our postgres synchronisation strategy).
- You have experience setting up and testing 3rd party backend api integrations integrating with various Point-Of-Sale systems is key to our growth).
- You strongly believe in solving a problem with the simplest solution possible.
This is a full-time role located at our Collingwood office, a 150-year old distillery tower with 360-degree views of the city from our roof top. We are a super close team and there is plenty of room to grow!
Mr Yum is born out of a startup incubator, Pitchblak. Check out the website to see our 9 commandments.