Sales Internship – Australia + New Zealand
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine’s 50 Most Genius Companies and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for an intern to help build the international talent pool and brand awareness in Australia and New Zealand.
If you’re a huge sports fanatic, spend your evenings religiously watching Netflix or can write the newest issue of Who Magazine, then this role might be perfect for you. Your role will mainly consist of talent acquisition and relations. You will have to identify popular and upcoming International Talent (athletes, reality stars, YouTubers, etc.) and build relationships with talent, their agents and their managers to ensure their smooth onboarding and success on Cameo.
As we scale, spreading our brand across the world is incredibly important. You will be expected to utilise Cameo’s social media presence and fan-culture online to spread the brand and drive talent bookings in new markets. As part of this, you will also be required to work closely with our talent and their teams to drive success through the talent’s social media presence and brand.
How will you crush it?
- Be a grafter – you will be constantly reaching out to talent via email, sliding into DMs and social selling your way to agents and managers. Volume and consistency is key!
- Thrive off being in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, communication, and hard work is critical.
- Learn to effectively source and focus on the right talent, verticals and relationships.
- Take intelligent and creative risks in building smart, strategic relationships and partnerships.
- Help establish the cultural differences, problems and successes when entering the Cameo brand and company into a new market.
- Be ready to work across different time-zones with our talent. Talent expect excellence and quick communication so an “always-on” attitude is necessary!
- Be focused at work and excited about working long hours both individually and with the Australia/US/UK team. Constant communication with the US team will be crucial.
- Have a knack for all things social-media related.
- Be professional and passionate about the business. You will be meeting with big-name talent, managers and agents and if you aren’t passionate about what we are creating – they won’t be either!
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Current student or recently graduated (last 12 months) preferably in Business, Marketing or Communication.
- Experience in client-facing roles or relationship management.
- Experience in CRMs (Base, Salesforce, etc.) – it’s imperative for us to track all activity and outreach with our current and potential talent.
- Known as a leader in previous projects and roles. You will be expected to take on and manage your own projects for the team.
- Known as someone with initiative and intellectual curiosity. You’ve got to have a great attitude to learning and working and you’ve got to be competing for the last one out the door!
- Be extremely self-motivated and someone who shuns mediocrity.
- Most importantly, you’re someone that sees the glass half full and is excited to take on new challenges, initiatives, and projects!
This position is targeted to start in October.
You must be authorized to work in Australia, no sponsorship will be provided for this temporary role.
Although this role is temporary, this person may be considered for full-time employment after the initial internship period.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.