Programs & Partnerships Manager
Founded in 2014 Startup Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation that works in collaboration with entrepreneurs, industry, community, government and educational institutions to help accelerate the growth of Victoria’s startup ecosystem. We believe in a future where Victoria is a world-class startup hub, and one of the best places in the world to build your startup.
In 2019, Startup Victoria launched Growth Club – a peer to peer program bringing together startup founders who are entering or are in the high-growth phase of their journey. Growth Club creates and facilitates opportunities to help founders with their professional and personal development through three core activities:
- Monthly founder dinners, including facilitated discussions on topics that are central to the challenges that members are facing
- Bi-monthly education events, including closed-door Q&A sessions with successful founders from Australia and around the world, sharing their experience and expertise
- Quarterly retreats, allowing founders to step back from the day-to-day and get some fresh perspective on their startup with the support and input of their peers
In August, Startup Victoria received commitment from LaunchVic to help fund Growth Club for two years. With this support, Startup Victoria is now hiring a Programs & Partnerships Manager to manage Growth Club and to build out other new and exciting programs for our community.
Working directly with the CEO, the Programs & Partnerships Manager will focus on building Growth Club to be a sustainable long-term program and global template for accelerating founder success. To achieve this, applicants for the role should:
- Have at least 3 years experience working in startups, or in an organisation working directly with startup founders
- Have an existing awareness and network of Victorian startups and founders, and have strong existing trust and rapport with the startup community
- Be extremely organised and experienced in herding cats
- Have strong experience in event logistics and organisation (the role will have the support of Startup Victoria’s events coordinator)
- Have business development experience in order to increase the membership base of Growth Club
- Have experience and a network that will enable recruitment of local and international speakers
- Have experience in and be comfortable facilitating education Q&As, panels, and discussions
- Have sufficient financial literacy to manage the P&L of Growth Club, and ensure it’s smooth financial operation and reporting requirements
The role of Programs & Partnerships Manager also goes beyond Growth Club, so we expect applicants to also come with ideas on how we can build out new programs, represent Startup Victoria at industry events, and work with us to achieve our mission.
Applications for this role will close October 18, and you can apply here.