About the business
The MedTech Actuator is Australia’s premier medical technology commercialisation initiative: priming, augmenting and developing our state-based innovation ecosystems through a nationally-focused strategy. We’re about real markets, real needs, real healthcare and real experts. We surround our startups with people and tools that rapidly accelerate their progress. We have a deep MedTech focus – commercialising innovative new technologies that will change the face of healthcare, in Australia and globally.
About the role
We are looking for an events and program delivery expert to join our team as Program Manager of our Accelerator Program, and to also support the delivery of the MedTech Challenge.
The MedTech Actuator Program Manager will deliver the Accelerator Program across Australia and APAC, including the delivery of a suite of workshops and events, whilst meeting and exceeding expectations for stakeholders. This will require extensive planning and collaboration with startups, PFRO’s, Industry, funding bodies and Government.
As a member of a small team, the Program Manager will work flexibly across the organisation, and bring an open and can-do attitude. The position will have the overall responsibility of managing MedTech Actuator Accelerator Program activities, events and communications. Activities will be both internal and external facing and may be undertaken in consultation with the Head of Ventures, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Chief Marketing Officer and Finance Manager, as appropriate.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of Australia’s MedTech and innovation future
- Initially 1-year full time position
- Opportunity for interstate and international travel
- Located in Victoria’s new innovation hub at the Goods Shed, 5 minutes from Southern Cross Station
- Good remuneration package for the right, high-performing candidate ($60k – $80k)
Skills and experience
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to network and communicate effectively (oral and written) with a wide variety of stakeholders at a senior level, including technology, government, corporate, and research;
- At least 2 years demonstrable experience in the successful coordination and execution of complex projects and events involving multiple stakeholders, delivering to a high standard, on time, and within budget;
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst managing a diverse workload;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, and familiarity with social media platforms (LinkedIn and Twitter);
- Ability and willingness to undertake interstate and international travel
- Ability to manage priorities and conflicting issues in a professional manner; and
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in a STEM discipline
- Experience working within an accelerator, incubator, startup or innovation environment
- Experience or knowledge of medical technology commercialisation (regulatory, reimbursement, clinical trials, go to market)
For more information and to apply online click here: http://bit.ly/2GQcvKy
Applications must include a CV, and a cover letter addressed to the CEO – Dr Buzz Palmer
For more information about us please visit: http://medtechactuator.com
Applications close Friday 28th February, 5pm