Program Manager, INCO Academy Australia – Sydney / Melbourne
INCO is a group dedicated to leveraging innovation for positive impact. Focusing on digital and green opportunities, we help make the future more representative, equitable, and sustainable.
INCO supports the emergence of an inclusive and sustainable economy.
- Through INCO Ventures, we manage VC funds that invest in the growth of social and environmental impact startups.
- Through INCO Incubators, we run incubation and acceleration programs for early-stage impact enterprises.
- Through INCO Academy, we reconnect sidelined individuals with the jobs market by equipping them with the skills of tomorrow (tech, sustainable development…)
- Through INCO&CO, we help governments and corporations design powerful sustainability strategies that drive economic performance.
In Australia and 10+ countries, INCO Academy provides un- and underemployed individuals with fully-funded, future-proof training and employment services, allowing them to access exciting job opportunities in the tech and sustainability sectors.
Since 2018, we have been building INCO Academy Australia. We are now proud to say that we have directly served over 600 underserved and underrepresented individuals in NSW and VIC, and received another 5,000+ applications to our fully-funded courses.
- OPERATIONS: Manage the roll-out of INCO Academy programs in Australia
- Currently, INCO Academy Australia delivers training programs with the support of and on behalf of LaunchVic and the Verizon Foundation. Learners are based in NSW and Victoria.
- Project management from local roadmap development to full implementation, meeting or exceeding targets and KPIs;
- Recruitment of learners into our fully-funded courses (with support from local team);
- Ensuring successful course delivery while maintaining high completion rates, supervising the work of training instructors;
- Job placement services: nurturing and developing a network of employer partners, working with local Placement Specialist to meet targets;
- Supervise mentorship program in partnership with local sponsors / employer partners, maintaining good relationships with local partners;
- Lead the organisation of ecosystem events to raise awareness about opportunities in the tech sector;
- Coordination of local team (1-2 staff members);
- You will work in close collaboration with and under the supervision of the global INCO Academy team.
- GROWTH: Boost INCO’s expansion in Australia
- Identify market gaps and areas where INCO could bring value to the Australian ecosystem, through either of our verticals (Ventures, Academy, Incubators, INCO&Co).
- Map out funding opportunities at a national and international level (philanthropic donors, corporates, public bodies…) and build strong relationships with funders.
- Design commercial proposals aimed at potential funders, with the objective of launching new programs and initiatives in Australia.
- You will work in close collaboration with INCO’s global business development team.
The role is located in Sydney or Melbourne, with potential for domestic and regional travels.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management / NGO / adult education or social innovation;
- Good understanding of Australia’s skills development scene and employment landscape, and able to demonstrate existing relationships with local non-profit organisations, employers, institutions…
- Fluency in English is a must.
- A passion for innovation and social impact. At INCO, we do the work of an NGO with the mindset of a tech startup.
- Ability to thrive in an international environment and to build solid professional relationships with a vast array of stakeholders ranging from community group volunteers to C-Level executives.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves, and get in the weeds with our partners in order to hit programmatic targets.
- Ability to work remotely while maintaining close links with the core team through regular and transparent reporting.
- Solid command of productivity tools (Google Suite, Slack, Airtable, etc.).
- Available immediately.
INCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.