Progam Manager – Pause Fest 2020
About Pause Fest
Pause Fest is the world’s leading creativity-infused business event.
A catalyst for change, a uniter of all industries, Pause Fest is a platform for the future.
We’ve been described as “Australasia’s SXSW” and as “Woodstock for digital natives” (shucks!).
Pause Fest is barely an event. It’s a destination! Part personal and professional development, inspiring, eco-system connecting, part mind-blowing, all exceptionally extraordinary.
In 2019, we welcomed over 400 startups, 1500 businesses and over 24 media outlets from across Australia.
In fact, over the course of nine years, our event has seen 65,000 movers, shakers and creative change-makers come through its doors.
Find out more at http://www.pausefest.com.au
We are looking for the right candidate with the following attributes:
- Commitment to grow the event to the global scale, and keep it premium.
- People first. Like in the hospitality, you need to love working with people.
- Open to learn new skills, help others and kick goals.
Who are you?
You’re a self-driven, highly motivated and engaged individual with experience in dynamic environments, people management, programming, copywriting, briefing, logistics, marketing and partnerships. You will be able to see and predict things from above, below and from the side.
This position requires not only exceptional verbal and written skills but also understanding how sponsorship and partnership plugs into the program. You will need to demonstrate that you have a valid skills and experience in marketing, so that it can be sold to our demographics.
You will also be able to manage the programming team of ten and organise meetings once a week, drive conversations, process programming applications and talk about strategy, new opportunities etc.
A great detail in Google sheets is a must. Being able to track everything, keep everyone in line and communicate well planned programming to your team and potential partners is of essence.
You’ll be a strong and motivational team leader who is able to work independently, on your own, and be great team asset. You will be reporting to Event Producer and Director.
What will I be doing?
- Define and improve the program structure, allocate content to venues, curate strategic program with speakers that sell the show and deliver top quality content that is valuable, edgy and engaging.
- Create the best event experience, roadmap every ticket type with curated program that you are building. Never forget your audience. Define every segment of the event to be the very best based on past feedback and stats.
- You will be tracking, documenting, building detailed event programming spreadsheets (to track speakers on stages/ days/ contacts etc.) and advising marketing teams on how to best sell the program in the market. The same spreadsheets will be used by Event Producer to plan daily run sheets etc.
- You will organise weekly program WIP to keep everyone on track and keep yearly calendar plan and program organised.
- Develop new and refining old business processes for better deployment of services with high user experience. Print and/or pin stick it notes in the walls to visually communicate process and program development.
- Consult with Event Producer about any budget allocations.
- Communicate with programming applicants to notify them if they are accepted or not. Organise and collect speaker’s presentations.
- Advise if further help is needed to deliver the program in full.
- Update the existing briefing and training documents for Speakers, MC’s, Panels, Workshops… with your own personal style, needs and ideas.
- Interact and work with key stakeholders such as government and sponsors in a personal and friendly manner befitting Pause Fest.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project goals and timelines are met and if not communicate what’s the reason for not hitting the set timelines.
- Work with Travel agent to book rooms for the international speakers.
- Work with hotel partner to supply list of international speakers that are staying.
- Collect and send all programming and website copy to the copywriter for edits, unless you are comfortable editing.
- Posting edited and final copy to the website for launch.
- Develop and foster international and national relationships with institutions that provide speakers, content and other benefits to the festival.
- Execute a killer program and plan it’s future growth, expansion and global domination.
- Customer service obsessed.
- Excellent communication, briefing and management skills.
- Solid and recent experience as an Program Manager is desirable. Skills from events in other industries are transferable.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking and building coherent program that has depth and breath. That is exciting, sellable and celebrated!
- Bring your networks, speakers and content providers to the forth.
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships at senior level in national and international operating environments.
- Develop highly structured processes and detailed documentation.
- Build a ‘content you can’t Google’ experience.