Billy uses technology to reimagine the way care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team committed to changing the way that care is provided in Australia and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product, which launched in Australia on May 1st, is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points characterising the day-to-day activities which take place in an older adult’s home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for the seniors themselves, their family members, and professional carers. Billy passively tracks taking medication, eating meals, waking up in the morning, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
Billy’s services are currently being used by some of the leading health insurers and aged care providers in Australia and the US. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne and have closed our series-A funding round in July 2018.
The role is located in:
We are a small team based in Melbourne, with secondary/satellite offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor. This role will be based in Melbourne.
We are looking for:
Our growing business is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled problem solver to join our team. From evaluating new opportunities to driving cross-functional initiatives, the Operations team formulates strategic recommendations with actionable insights that help make Billy more productive and successful.
The Operations Associate will support the team on high-priority projects, from analysis to execution. You will be responsible for providing the ultimate operational support from the purchase and setup of Billy, to the ongoing support and engagement of our customers, and all the logistics in between. The successful applicant will be a great problem solver, communicator, and influencer.
Responsibilities – Use your skills to:
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to accelerate Billy’s growth
- Participate in a range of operational projects to drive team towards company goals and targets
- Establish and lead operating processes and tools for effectively managing the organization
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations across our team
- Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends, and perspectives that may influence the business
- Assist in identifying problematic trends and work towards solutions
- Share the benefits of Billy with seniors and their families
Qualifications – Who you are:
- Quick learner, self motivator, and a deep passion for what you do!
- 2+ years experience in an operational, consulting or similar role
- Ability to seek information, solve conceptual problems, corral resources and deliver results in challenging situations
- Innovative by nature and ability to devise unique ways to elevate service to our customers
- Hardworking, have a results-driven attitude and go above and beyond to get things done
- Ability to research new tools and problem solving methods is ideal
- Start-up experience is a plus!