Marketing, Communications & Events Coordinator
This role will put you in the middle of Melbourne’s and Australia’s vibrant tech and innovation space. YBF, with locations in Melbourne and Sydney, is the premier organisation bringing startups, scaleups and large businesses together to create and nurture a community of some of Australia’s most exciting and well-known tech companies.
As the part-time Marketing, Communications & Events Coordinator, you’ll assist in varied elements of marketing and communications, as well as event production, promotion, and execution. These events will feature some of the most exciting activities in Australia’s tech startup community.
Your goals will include driving YBF’s celebrated reputation via its communication strategy and its regular and flagship events. You will also be responsible for looking at ways to increase sponsorship and coming up with creative ways to engage the wider tech community with YBF.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Successfully deliver weekly community-building events.
- Assist with sourcing and writing original content and sourcing and editing images for newsletters (internal and external).
- Assist with community-wide communications including direct emails, digital/print invitations, designing and distributing point marketing, and keeping our Facebook ‘Events’ section up-to-date.
- Assist with digital marketing – planning and execution of social media marketing, Google Ads (search and display) including SEO/SEM.
- Research and identify trends and insights to influence ad spend.
- Brainstorm ideas and creative growth strategies.
- Work with marketing team to optimise user experience.
- Scan for and evaluate emerging technologies, provide insight for adoption where appropriate.
- Coordinate details of in-house events (both the company’s and third-party produced) from meetups to flagship events, managing all administrative aspects, making bookings, managing the events’ calendar and negotiating hiring fees.
- Manage all aspects of events for smooth execution including coordination of print assets, coordination of speakers, partners, sponsors and other stakeholders, set up of banners, seating, testing and set up of A/V systems and ensuring event space is vacated and left in pristine condition for next use.
- Look for opportunities to partner with and obtain sponsorships from a variety of partners.
- Scout for and coordinate participation in external events such as panel talks, conferences, trade shows and awards.
- Assist with execution and set-up of space for third-party events.
- Work with set budgets (adjusting when necessary).
- Analyse performance and prepare monthly metrics presentation centred around events.
- Ensure brand values are demonstrated to the highest level at in-house-produced events and participation in external events (trade shows).
- Ensure payment flow for vendors is managed appropriately.
- Australian work visa, permanent residency or citizenship.
- University qualification.
- Friendly, outgoing, energetic, creative and fun, and you put people first in everything you do.
- Knowledge of and experience within the tech startup ecosystem.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills, are a whiz with grammar and have a stellar vocabulary, plus you have supreme visual intelligence
- Off-the-charts organisational skills (the smallest of small details do not escape you) with capacity to think on your feet and absorb and process information quickly.
- You love organising and executing events to perfection and ensuring customers are beyond satisfied.
- Proven experience in events.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied online events tools and calendars.
- Can use Photoshop or other editing software.
- Can-do attitude and customer-focused.
- Ability to do serious multi-tasking.
- Ability to negotiate with and manage customers and vendors.
- Passionate about delighting members and partners and building fantastic places for communities to work together.
- You enjoy working as part of a diverse team.
- You put people first in everything you do.