Manager, Content Creation & Social Media
This role puts you in the middle of Australia’s exciting innovation, startup and technology space. YBF Ventures is one of the fastest-growing organisations helping startups to scale, scaleups to succeed and corporates to innovate and is considered the nation’s leading tech and innovation-focused community. The company is currently recruiting energetic and motivated team members to help shape the future of YBF.
As the Manager, Content Creation & Social Media, you’re responsible for creating high-quality content and managing the brand’s multi-channel social media platforms: designing a social media strategy, engaging with a targeted community, and growing numbers across each platform. You will assist with event production, promotion, and execution.
- Brainstorm creative, on-brand content working alongside the marketing team.
- Create end-to-end original video content for social media, EDMs, website, marketing, advertising and more.
- Produce, record and edit audio / video podcasts.
- Plan and schedule content creation in line with annual content calendar.
- Understand what’s trending in the startup ecosystem and relate to wider current events.
- Modify strategy on an ongoing basis by capturing and analysing data, metrics and insights.
- Deliver against KPls and prepare monthly report.
- Organise and archive content for future use and access
- Create an editorial calendar and communication schedule.
- Design and execute inter-platform strategy including benchmarking with YBF Ventures competitors, key messaging and audience identification.
- Create and post content regularly on Linkedln, Facebook, YouTube, lnstagram (feed, stories and live video) and podcasts – content generation (copywriting of original text, acquisition and editing of images, video and links) that spurs community and wider audience engagement.
- Maintain company social media platforms to ensure key messaging and visual identity is the same across all platforms and strategise how to increase visibility of content.
- Work with team members to ascertain shareable content and to identify top members to engage with, within the community.
- Moderate community and partner content, engaging and sharing from YBF Ventures’ based on brand-adjacency and alignment with messaging.
- Respond to questions posed to the company, or escalate to appropriate party.
- Modify strategy on an ongoing basis to adapt to best practices by capturing and analysing data, metrics and insights.
- Analyse performance against KPls and prepare monthly report.
- Assist with coordination of company’s events such as talks, conferences, trade shows, award ceremonies and staff events.
- Work within set budgets.
- Assist with prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time, with follow-up.
- Assist with the promotion, drive and manage event attendance.
- Ensure brand values are demonstrated to the highest level at house-produced events and participation in third-party events (trade shows).
- Assist with management of events for smooth execution – set-up of banners,
seating, ensuring A/V systems are operational (both in-house and third-party events).
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or New Media.
- Proven experience in social media marketing or digital media.
- Proficiency in videography, video editing, graphic design and audio editing [Adobe suite or similar].
- Experience working as a content creator, videographer or photographer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced self-directed environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills as well as supreme visual intelligence.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied social media management tools.
- Demonstrated social networking experience and knowledge of analytics tools.
- Comprehension of web design, web development, SEO, SMM, SEM and CRO.
- Comprehension of online marketing and knowledge of major marketing channels.
- Knowledge of what kind of content works best for each platform.
- Can-do attitude, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to negotiate and manage a small team.
- Off-the-charts organisational skills with capacity to think on feet and absorb and process information quickly.
- Long-term right to work in Australia.
- You put people first in everything you do.
- Passionate about delighting our members and building fantastic places for communities to work together.
- Our success relies on working together, enjoying each other’s company, and having fun.