You are responsible for executing on all core marketing activities across the entire customer lifecycle, from top of funnel traffic generation to bottom of funnel customer engagement and evangelism.
First, you must adhere to the five key principles of this role:
- Align marketing goals and activities to business objectives
- Use data to make decisions about channel selection and campaign performance
- Be responsible for performance and report on outcomes
- Share learnings with our product development, customer success, engineering and sales to ensure a feedback loop
- Outwardly report to the team on your performance using the defined KPIs and metrics
Vervoe places extreme importance on the presence and use of data for all strategic decision making. It is imperative in your marketing role that you are accountable to the collection, reporting and interpretation of key data points and how they impact both the marketing strategy and campaigns, but also Vervoe’s business as a whole.
You are required to measure the performance of our marketing efforts on a regular basis.
Vervoe executes marketing strategies across six main channels, including:
- Content development (particularly sales collateral)
- Physical customer activations
You are responsible for strategising, implementing, delivering, publishing, measuring and adjusting our marketing collateral across these four channels in a data-driven manner. More than anything else, your role is a doing role. We need you to personally deliver on the actionable activities outlined in this document.
Your Core Duties and Responsibilities
You are responsible for executing on all core marketing activities across the entire customer lifecycle, from top of funnel traffic generation to bottom of funnel customer engagement and evangelism. Specific activities include:
- Owning brand positioning and tone of voice
- Manage the website and increase our brand authority
- Create and manage content and SEO, including resources pages and the blog
- Maintaining META data descriptions, 404s and other low-level technical items
- Run targeted PPC campaigns to drive traffic
- Run targeted prospecting email campaigns
- Run targeted account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns
- Initiate and coordinate ad hoc event-based campaigns, including webinars
- Manage social media accounts
- Distribute social proof and content through owned, paid and earned media channels
- Own product marketing, including in-app messaging, conversion copy and newsletters
- Run email marketing campaigns, including onboarding and activation flows
- Design offline activation flows, including welcome packs
- Work with customer success and sales to improve the buyer-to-user transition
- Increase engagement and activation throughout the free tier
- Drive reviews on G2, Capterra and elsewhere
- Create customer case studies and other social proof collateral
- Ensure delivery of brand promise and consistency of messaging right across the funnel
- Other activities from time to time
Each quarter the CEO will work with to develop targets against the following KPIs. You are required to hit these targets, and scope all activities around the following outcomes:
- Generate high-intent leads for our sales team
- Increase engagement across the customer life cycle
- Support account expansion through product utilisation and demand generation
It’s essential that you actively engage in ongoing learning whilst employed at Vervoe. We encourage you to own the domain of marketing at our company and share your expertise and insights with the other teams.