Lead Software Engineer
We’re looking for a lead software engineer to join our small, customer-driven development team to work on projects related to automating the generation of actionable intelligence from public data sources including web, social media and dark net.
You will get to play with a range of technologies including:
- NATS and Akka gRPC for messaging
- Microservices including Kubernetes, istio, min.io, Docker
- Okta for authentication
- Stripe for billing
- Elasticsearch for search
- MongoDB, Blob and dGraph for storage
- GraphQL using Apollo for API
- Machine learning, image analysis and natural language processing
- Microsoft Azure
You will be comfortable writing a microservice, building an API, developing a new screen for the user interface, deploying the solution to Azure, or coaching a more junior developer through one of these tasks.
As a Lead Software Engineer at WorldStack you will:
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members
- Be able to describe solutions clearly and concisely, using visuals, words and your voice
- Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates
- Coach and mentor development staff
- Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.
We are looking for someone with the following values:
- Chase the outcome – you possess a consistent drive to achieve personal and professional goals
- Quality is non-negotiable – you value doing a good job
- Find a better way – you challenge the status quo and look for better waysto do things
- Never stop learning – you have an innate curiosity and desire to learn andunderstand concepts
- Do the right thing – you do as you say, trust your gut and keep yourpromises
- Always prepared – you plan for success and bring your best self to work
Here are some recent media articles demonstrating our success so far:
- https://www.austcyber.com/news-events/austcyber-boosts-cyber-security- innovation-almost-a85-million-industry-led-projects
- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-12/hackers-help-police-find- thousands-leads-for-missing-persons/11594420
- https://www.smartcompany.com.au/startupsmart/news/worldstack- 500000-cyber-intelligence/
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen to be a software engineer at WorldStack. This role is based in Canberra, Australia.
Benefits & Perks
- 5 days and $5,000 per year to spend on education and skills development
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home flexibility
Founded in 2014, WorldStack is an Australian company that turns public data into actionable intelligence. We help security analysts, intelligence officers and recruiters to make better decisions through insights distilled from the web, social media and the dark net.
We are experts in open source intelligence. Our team of analysts are security cleared and have extensive experience planning and conducting intelligence operations for private and public-sector clients in Australia and abroad. National security organisations rely on us to train their analysts in intelligence tradecraft.
Our mission is to help businesses and government protect what is important to them and make better decisions through the use of publicly available data.
We are based at the Canberra Innovation Network Coworking space on Level 5, 1 Moore St, Canberra.
Our website is www.worldstack.net.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to email@example.com.