Lasertrade’s mission is to shift all medical capital equipment trading online. We connect buyers and sellers to have a seamless and easy transaction selling their medical capital equipment. We ensure that all products have had a quality assurance check and help facilitate the shipping for each item so that the buyer knows that they are getting a genuine product and the seller knows that they will get their money as quick as possible.
We have recently finished an investment round and now looking to improve our technical stack to remove the bottlenecks in our processes and bring in more automation across the business. We are looking to scale majorly this year, and to be able to do this, we need to bring out a much stronger product for our customers to use. We are also looking at expanding our offering across multiple verticals and want to ensure that the product can handle this.
Why join Lasertrade?
We are a start-up with a small team of 3 currently but looking to build that up to create a global platform for buying and selling medical capital equipment. We believe in flexibility and giving ownership to your role. We don’t care about working 9-5, but instead care about getting the work done. You will have the opportunity to take on multiple roles and jump across all parts of the business. We believe in being open with each other and ensuring everyone has their say. Finally, you will be starting at the beginning of a company that we believe will be the next big thing, and you will help shape it and make it what it can be.
About the role
The role is to be our full-stack Lead Developer to rebuild our current product from the ground up to give Lasertrade a base to continue innovating for our customers. The role will involve building the infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline with the COO, along with any other administration tasks. The successful applicant will be expected to lead a small development team involving junior and mid-level developers. It is expected to develop both front and back-end systems.
- Being the backbone of our technical stack;
- Building the architecture with the COO on AWS including:
- Infrastructure as code;
- Data structure;
- DevOps pipeline (CI/CD); and
- GitHub process management.
- Writing development processes and policies to ensure best practice;
- Develop, implement and own the development of the new technical stack;
- Lead the development team delegating development tasks to each member;
- Work in a lean manner ensuring the agile methodology is followed;
- Communicate and implement best practices for frontend and backend development;
- Build across a full stack architecture including React, Node.js, GraphQL, Docker and other technologies required;
- Design, implement and ship well-documented code with automated tests; and
- Report directly to the COO and keep them abreast of all progress.
- Being able to work in a flexible manner and remotely (we don’t have an office at this point, but can get working space if needed);
- Have a passion for innovation and being part of something new and exciting;
- 5+ years’ experience building web applications;
- Experience with web infrastructure such as Docker, Databases (SQL and NoSQL), AWS and React/Node;
- Experience working with DevOps tools such as CI/CD;
- Formal training/education is nice, but not a hard requirement;
- Be a great communicator and fluent English speaking;
- You’ll need to be legally eligible to work in Australia; and
- Overall we want you do have fun and enjoy working with us!