Lead Developer, Traverse
- Ongoing position
- Full time
- North Melbourne location with some days remote optional
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
To this end, we are incubating a startup called Traverse. It is a digital credentialing tool shaping the future of community identity, creating a bridge to equitable civic, social and economic participation for all.
About the role
The Lead Developer for Traverse is the first technical hire in the team and will work closely with the Head of Product, taking ownership of the technology and helping to shape the strategic future of Traverse the product, and the team that works on it.
The role offers a real opportunity to build technology for global, positive social impact. This is meaningful work and a unique chance to join a well-funded team to find product-market fit for a SaaS product with humanity-first principles.
What you will bring
- At least ten years engineering experience with some of that time in start-ups and scale-ups. Strong collaborator within and beyond product teams, comfortable in agile environments.
- Demonstrated experience in domain modelling, data modelling, software engineering and serverless architecture design and implementation.
- Comfortable across the full stack, from infrastructure through to front end, with solid JS and an understanding of mobile. The stack is MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, NodeJS) and react-native.
- Good experience with automated testing and supporting the software you build requiring strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- A pragmatic approach: you challenge yourself to find new ways of delivering successful outcomes when faced with constraints.
- Keen interest or prior experience or knowledge in Web3/Blockchain is great, but isn’t required.
- You’ve lead small teams of engineers.
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people.
Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached to this page or contact Amelia Crook on firstname.lastname@example.org