Lead Developer (potential CTO)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time or Contractor
Location: Remote role with regular in-person meetings in Melbourne
Compensation: interesting package with options to be be discussed (salary + equity or freelance contract)
Impactr is an Australian / Danish start-up on a mission to drive positive change through technology and unleash the power of social-media for good.
With the Impactr social activity app you record and share positive activities that make a difference in your life, the lives of others or the world around you. By recording 10-second short videos called “ripples”, people join others in activities and create ripple-chains together.
Re-engineer social media to make a positive impact on the world.
The Impactr App has been developed in close collaboration with one of the leading App Development companies in Australia and is soon completing its 6 month beta-test period with a high level of user engagement and retention. The Impactr App is a video app with ´classic´ social networking features (P2P messaging, notifications, discovery, etc.) as well as unique innovations in gamification, algorithm, curation and UX.
The Impactr team is a small, fast-paced team that is unique in its vision, boldness and experience. With backgrounds from a variety of industries, the founders left behind senior corporate positions to pursue the game-changer we believe Impactr will be. With dual presence in Melbourne, Australia and Copenhagen, Denmark we have a truly global identity with 5 different nationalities.
Impactr is a hybrid mobile application for iOS & Android built using React Native.
- React Native
- C# language
- ASP.NET Core framework
- API / GraphQL
- Microsoft Azure
Impactr is looking for an exceptional Lead Developer to join our team in our journey to revolutionise the ways in which social-connections will drive positive impact on our own lives and the world around us.
You will be an integral part of the Impactr team and have the ability to make a difference with your expertise and recommendations on new innovative ways to achieve our objectives.
You will be responsible for development of all new features in Impactr, in close collaboration with our outsourced development partner and the Impactr CEO and Product Manager, with a key focus on keeping the code scalable. You will be the lead in-house developer and will recruit and manage an in-house development team as we scale, with further leadership growth potential in your role (potential CTO).
- Have +3 years full-stack development background with mobile apps / minimum 2+ years working with React
- Past experience with mobile video and/or social apps
- Proven experience delivering large-scale complex projects with a wide mix of tools, 3rd party integrations and APIs
- Are an experienced project technical lead, able to both plan high-level detailed architecture as well as enjoy diving into code for hands-on development
- Strong focus on industry trends, best practices and code quality
- You are curious, constantly learning and staying at the front of the curve of industry trends
- You are self-driven and have a proactive approach in addressing issues
- You are rigorous with documentation and crystal clear communication
- You continuously benchmark against industry standards and strive to innovate
- You are a problem-solver and approach challenges with fresh perspectives, creativity, adaptability and logic; you look for solutions outside your bubble
- Enjoy being part of a diverse team with a strong vision and you care about shaping the future with technology
- Interested in blockchain, token economy, payment systems