Raisely powers online fundraising for ambitious charities across the world. We’re a mission-driven remote team, spread across 5 countries and 7 cities.
We’re growing rapidly, but we’re not just any high-growth startup. Here you’ll have the flexibility of working from wherever you’re happy, supported by a passionate, talented team. You’ll use your skills to help charities of all sizes raise money to fund their important work, all while building a well-balanced company that puts values first.
If you’re excited about the challenge of a high-growth startup, and want your work to have a huge impact on the world, then we hope you’ll consider working with us.
A bit about us:
We’re Raisely! We help charities raise money online. Our platform helps charities build fundraising campaigns, run donation appeals, and nurture their supporters. We make it easy to get started and scale-up, without needing technical help.
We started Raisely because charities have been underserved by technology for too long. We set out to change that, and so far we’ve helped raise over $100m.
We’re a team of 13-turning-20 as we rapidly grow our company (and impact). With your help, we’re hoping to raise $1bn in the next few years and rapidly scale out, supporting charities small and large in countries across the world.
Oh and one more thing. We walk this impact talk. We’re a proud B-corp, and purpose is baked into our constitution. We are carbon neutral, and we’re starting our anti-racism journey to ensure we’re actively undoing centuries of systemic racism.
Raisely is a unique product with many technical hurdles. At a glance:
- Raisely lets people take one-off and recurring donations to their own Stripe/PayPal accounts. We facilitate all of the data storage and reporting needs of our customers, but we also have to deal with bad actors testing fraudulent cards or otherwise trying to hack our systems.
- Raisely has a comprehensive page-builder that our customers use to build their own fundraising websites. We supply a set of React components, campaign templates and page-building constructs. But we also allow our customers to write their own SCSS styles and custom React components, which means our engineering team supports a lot of permutations and customisation.
- Raisely aims to facilitate all of the needs of our customers when it comes to digital fundraising. Our product spans fundraising platform, CRM and marketing automation system along with a large list of features we’re dying to build next. Our engineering team has the task of balancing the need to realise our ambitions while managing increasing complexity of our codebase.
- Raisely needs to operate at an ever increasing scale. We facilitate all of the hosting demands of our customers websites, and our API provides the data access for all of their websites and administration. We’re growing fast and we need to make sure that our services and architecture continue to scale in to the future.
A bit about the role:
We can promise you a team full of engineers and designers who believe in the purpose of our work, and are always striving to improve our product, and our craft. If the scope of Raisely excites you, and you share a desire for purposeful work, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Australia. Raisely is 100% remote company, you will be able to work from home or a co-working office.
Role: Permanent, full-time (38hrs/week)
Location: Remote (we’ll help you set up your home office!)
Timezone: Substantial overlap with Australian east-coast business hours.
We know with diversity comes strength. We want Raisely to be a team of many cultures, nationalities, sexualities, gender identities, religious beliefs, abilities, and ideas. We particularly encourage Indigenous Australians, First Nations, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, or people without the economic advantage of higher education, to apply for our roles.
If you worked here over the past few months, you might have:
- Worked with the Engineering team contributing to our major project. We work in 6 week cycles where the whole team works together on a large project. We mostly allocate out tasks to individuals, but we aim for a healthy level of discussion and problem solving together to make sure we’re doing our best work.
- Built out a new React component that our customers can use in their campaigns to show how many steps a fundraiser has logged towards their exercise goal.
- Written a product pitch to upgrade a core part of Raisely’s technology stack, or a feature for the next cycle.
- Run some load tests on our staging infrastructure and tweaked the scaling parameters on production to reduce latency when autoscaling.
- Participated in our week-long virtual retreat, where you learnt how sneaky your teammates can be in Among Us!
- Reviewed a handful of PRs that have been submitted by your teammates.
- Met with the engineering team to discuss the ongoing project and brainstorm solutions to the problems the team is experiencing.
- Be willing to jump in and investigate if our monitoring alerts us that the production service is experiencing higher than usual latency.
- Beat your teammates in trivia while wearing an elf costume.
Now about you….
You’re passionate about solving problems with code You have high technical competence. You’re a capable engineer, you produce high quality code and consider the various permutations and edge-cases.
You’re a manager-of-one You don’t need a manager to check in and direct your workflow, you’d prefer to work to broad expectations and manage your own time within that framework. You can identify when you need a hand, and won’t hesitate to ask.
You see your work through to production You finish what you start. You don’t push up a PR and call it a day. You’re happy to adjust that code in response to feedback, and prompt the team to help you see that code through to production.
You ship code You understand that there’s a balance between writing perfect code and actually shipping code. You can identify the right areas to persist and polish and the right areas to just get the job done.
You give a damn You’re not comfortable with the status quo. You’re not in this for a quick dollar; you think the world needs to be better and that technology will get us there.
Plus ****some key requirements we’ll need
- A fluent English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication
- 2+ years experience working with Node and/or React in a SaaS environment
- The right to work in Australia
- Proven experience building web applications at scale
Ok, and why work with us?
You spend nearly 2000 hours of your life at work, each year. That’s a huge commitment, so we can promise that every hour you’re spending with Raisely, you’re making the world a better place. Pretty great perk, hey?
Plus, the more you help us grow, the bigger our impact gets. And by that we’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars big.
Working at Raisely is unique. If you have a great idea, we’ll help you make it happen. You’ll play a pivotal role with an awesome team at a crucial point in the history of our fast-growing company.
If you needed more convincing, here’s the rest of it:
💵 Salary – We pay market salaries, based on the Sydney region. This role pays AU$99,000-$121,000 a year. (Including super for Australian residents)
📈 Ownership – We are focused on building Raisely as a team, so we’ll offer you the chance to be a part-owner of the company with our Employee Share Scheme
💻 Technology – We’ll get you a laptop and screen when you start, plus help you set up your home office.
✈️ Retreats – Every 6-ish months we fly you somewhere pretty for our team retreats. (Once we’re able to safely again)
🗺 Annual Leave – Everyone gets 4 weeks paid leave plus 11 days of public holidays, to be taken when you like. Plus, you are entitled to generous paid sick leave.
🌴 Work remotely – We’re a remote-first company – live and work wherever you’re happiest. We’ll cover a co-working space if you’d like to work there.
⏰ Flexibility – Adjust your hours as you need, within the window set above.
🤷 Training – We’ll support you with time when you want to learn new skills or pay for conference or course tickets.
Applications close February 19, 2021, 11:59pm EST – we will respond to applicants once this date has passed.