Head of Technology
Founded in Melbourne in 2019, reZme is a SaaS business, with a mission to help hotels and accommodation operators drive more direct bookings.
Too often, accommodation businesses are reliant on online third-party channels, where they pay up to 30% commission per booking.
Despite hotels having a desire to take more control over their guests and drive more bookings direct, existing technology solutions are unable to match the experience and features provided by the likes of Booking.com and Expedia, which results in a poor direct channel performance for most hotels.
reZme’s platform is changing this position and offering a solution which gives a hotel all the tools they need to operate a successful direct booking channel. Our products include reZme Web, reZme Book and reZme Promote. More details can be found at www.rezme.com
With a strong early adopter network of hotels already using our platform, we are about to embark on a strong growth trajectory and are looking for a Head of Technology to own our product development into the future.
Whilst we are currently only a small team, we have big ambitions and this role is a key early hire that will work closely with the founders to drive product innovation and business scale.
As is the case in many startups, the successful person, must also be prepared to wear many hats, knowing when to role up their sleeves and when to dress to impress.
What will you do:
- Implement internal systems and infrastructure, allowing us to migrate engineering from external partners into an internal team.
- Build and manage our future internal engineering team and joining this team to code yourself where needed.
- Manage and enhance our tech stack, currently comprising of React, Java, a small part Laravel and PHP.
- Strategise with founders and other team members, around future product enhancements
- Manage integrations with partners and other systems
- Implement API end points for front end and back end applications
- Manage our AWS architecture and Devops projects
- Provide product designers with technical feedback and assist customer success with technical help.
What you bring:
- Robust experience in full-stack development, and a desire to expand your skillset.
- A strong understand of all or most of our tech stack
- A sound understanding of web application development
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A love of problem-solving and an inquisitive attitude, ensuring you think outside the box to find solutions.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- A willingness to contribute and help others on the team improve their craft.
- Demonstrated technical leadership.
- Knowledge in UX and design patterns will also be advantageous
reZme is still in a startup phase, however we have a very unique opportunity and thus attitude and culture fit is everything. We are looking for someone who will live and breath our product and have a desire to own the technology function of our business. We want out customers to LOVE and VALUE our solution and you will bring this to life.
For the right person, a competitive package consisting of salary and share options is available, as well as the opportunity to be part of a fun team on an exciting venture.