Head of Regulatory Affairs
About the role
As the Head of Regulatory Affairs, you will be at the centre of driving this transformation. You will direct the regulation process and ensure all necessary applications are filed as well as develop and maintain all relationships with global aviation authorities and regulators to ensure approvals are acquired as needed. You will support smooth market entry into new markets from a regulatory perspective and help with the development of new routes in existing markets. You will contribute to an inclusive, highly dynamic and results-driven international team
The Head of Regulatory Affairs is a pivotal customer and client-facing role, and as part of your day to day duties you will be required to:
- direct the regulation process for products requiring governmental approval by ensuring that all necessary applications are filed and handling all government interactions.
- You will assist in developing procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- You will manage a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. You will create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function.
- You will develop budgets, policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Meet with customers, partners, and regulatory agencies to understand key stakeholder needs, and harmonise internal processes to achieve commercial outcomes.
- You will report to top management
Essential experience and qualifications :
- A Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Must be interested in overseas travel
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Strong work ethic, high-energy and a motivated self-starter
- Visual Acuity, clear attention to detail and highly diligent
- Advanced written and communication skills
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading introduction of new technology in a complex stakeholder environment
- ATPL, or Military flying experience
- CASA-issued recreational pilot licence or higher
- Experience in the development of BVLOS procedures and documentation
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Managed a team of at least 5 employees
- Three years of work experience within the aviation industry
- Experience in developing an ops manual for a flight school or charter company.
- Start-up sized (25 + employees in 3 countries!) company, where you can make an immediate impact
- Responsible for regulatory affairs that ultimately will make a positive impact on people’s’ lives
- Amazing offices, close to the beach
- Bring your pet to work scheme
- Equity share