Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Scale our SaaS product and you will save lives. Really.
- Genuine global impact. No corporate spin here, social impact is the focus of everything we do. By shaping Covidence your impact will be felt around the world.
- Full-stack role, where you’ll own and lead the marketing, communications and brand. You’ll drive both strategy and execution with the freedom to act with authority and make decisions with confidence.
- Work closely with the Head of Growth, CEO and sales team to get your hands dirty and help grow the user base exponentially.
- Manage third-party agency and freelancer relationships to get things done quickly and efficiently, to a high standard.
- Join a team of lovely people.
- Base salary $110,000 – $120,000 negotiable + salary packaging, skills and experience dependent.
We are a fast-growing, not-for-profit start-up based in Melbourne, but with most of our users and customers in the US. We’ve got big global growth ambitions, and we’re building a team to take us to that next level of growth.
In a nutshell, we want to change the way the world creates and uses evidence-based research. We believe that key decision-makers equipped with current, accurate and comprehensive evidence can dramatically improve and save lives.
To do this, Covidence is a SaaS product that cuts the time for research to be processed and delivered to doctors, nurses, teachers and other front-line workers from years to months, so they can make better decisions. With over 130,000 users and growing rapidly, we already have the world’s largest user community in this space, and many of the world’s leading universities as our customers (names like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Berkeley, Columbia, Cornell and NYU).
Our technology is also assisting the COVID-19 pandemic response, enabling global researchers and organisations to provide “living guidelines” based on the latest evidence.
Our vision is a world shaped by the best possible research evidence and our mission is to create the digital tools to make that happen. By leading the global growth of our user base, you’ll enable the world to create reliable knowledge from the flood of new research. In doing so you will save lives. Really.
Marketing at Covidence
As the sole marketer, you’ll develop and communicate our marketing strategy, and also have the skills and experience to execute it. You’ll have the confidence to provide marketing leadership, make strategic decisions, and allocate resources as you see fit. You’ll guide your colleagues on what marketing initiatives are in the pipeline, and marketing best practice as it relates to Covidence.
You’ll take ownership of every marketing channel to drive user acquisition globally, including social media, email, website and SEO, paid advertising, content and product marketing/user comms.
You’re likely a bit of a digital marketing nerd who keeps up with the latest trends in technology and has a thirst for learning. You have an innate hunger for growth. We are serious about making a meaningful global impact and are impatient to achieve that.
As a full-stack role in every sense of the word, you thrive in a startup or early scale-up environment, and love getting your hands dirty on the tools day-to-day. This means that on any given day, you can confidently jump from having annual budget discussions with the CEO to drafting product onboarding emails with ease.
Naturally, you also want to do meaningful work which is dramatically changing people lives globally.
Here’s some of the experience we’re looking for. We doubt there’s one human who can do it all, but it’s a great conversation starter for where you might be strong or need more support:
- You have 7+ years of marketing experience, with a strong and varied mix of skills
- Utilise your skills ‘on the tools’, as well as your strategic brain
- You’re commercially savvy and confident in sharing your ideas
- You’ve got a solid understanding of SaaS marketing and user acquisition
- As the sole marketer managing everything, you’re awesome at spinning plates and d prioritising ruthlessly to deliver both short-term and long-term results
- You can jump from setting up marketing automation emails one minute to talking quarterly strategic goals the next with ease
- You’re comfortable working autonomously to drive user acquisition and marketing ideas
- You’re results-driven, and take an iterative approach to finding what works best
Bonus points if you’ve got experience using these tools:
- Facebook Business Manager/Ad Manager
- Google Analytics/GTM
- Google Ads
- Active Campaign
Working at Covidence
We’re a dedicated team of around 20 dotted across four different timezones around the world, but the majority of us are based in Melbourne.
We truly believe in our vision and are proud to be working on something that helps improve and save lives. We’re respectful of each other, collaborative, and listen just as much as we speak.
We’re proud of the work we do, but also like to have lives outside of work and cater to flexible working arrangements because of it. Although you’d be based in Melbourne, you’re welcome to work remotely part of the week (or until COVID-19 goes away, all of the week).
We all have different hobbies, backgrounds, interests and skillsets, and love the diversity this brings to our collective thinking.
We’re a values-based organisation and live those values actively every day.
Kudos to you if you’ve found yourself reading to the end of this job post. If this sounds like your thing, please apply with a cover letter and resume or LinkedIn profile.
If not, feel free to pass on to others. If you have questions or wish to apply, contact email@example.com
Note: you must have the right to work in Australia