Head of Growth
Anika Legal is a legal tech startup and social enterprise that believes everyone should be protected by their justice system. We are working towards a fairer justice system by building an online platform that connects people who need legal assistance with law students, and supervising lawyers. Here’s a 3 minute video about what we do.
Anika consists of the co-founders and 18 volunteers. We are 15 months old and about to start taking our first cases. We are now hiring our second full-time employee.
The ideal candidate will capably handle a wide variety of responsibilities, as is demanded by the needs of a dynamic startup. You will work closely with Noel Lim (CEO, the other full-time employee), the executive team, and manage other team members.
Experience in the following responsibilities is not essential. We envisage the successful candidate learning many of the necessary skills on the job.
- Customer Success
- Training students and lawyers to use the platform
- Customer service
- Surveying and interviewing users (clients, students and lawyers)
- Impact measurement
- Working with universities to implement a practical unit
- Product development
- Leading new product initiatives
- Product management
- Writing legal/educational content (advantageous but not essential)
- Web development (advantageous but not essential)
- Interfacing with and guiding different business areas including marketing, finance, and sales.
Who are we looking for?
We value the right people over technical skills. There are no concrete rules about eligibility for the position. We encourage you to apply even if you feel you lack the experience for the role.
The most important qualities are:
- The desire to build something from the ground up
- Feeling comfortable doing tasks you’ve never done before
- A ‘get things done’ mentality
- Being social impact oriented
Desirable experience includes:
- Working in a startup
- Working in legal or tech industries
- Management and/or volunteer management