GM Impact Network
The GM Impact Network leads the growth and sustainment of the Impact Network, a core enabler of ‘ideation to export’ knowledge infrastructure of the Stone & Chalk /AustCyber Group, leading the team in evolving business models, work plans and implementation approaches to continue support capability building and sector competitiveness across sovereign emerging technologies.
It provides the combined organisations of AustCyber and Stone & Chalk with comprehensive support on the delivery of our mission, with specific responsibility for leading the national coordination of programs delivered for startups, scaleups and broader participants across our national network of Hubs and Nodes.
The combination of our physical footprint with our product/ service delivery is known as our ‘Impact Network” which aims to accelerate the growth and success of emerging technology industries. The Impact Network’s physical footprint includes our Innovation Hubs, in Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide) plus our flagship National Network of Cyber Security Innovation Nodes in NSW, ACT, SA, QLD (Brisbane, Townsville, Sunshine Coast),TAS and WA together with our international presence in the United States.
- Lead the Impact Network Program and its respective strategy – our suite of products and services supporting our startup and scaleup residents in our innovation Hubs and Nodes together with our broader ecosystem participants including mentors, investors and partners.
- This includes project managing and coaching relevant team members to ensure the Program is being successfully and consistently delivered and communicated across all locations and digitally, according to agreed timelines.
- Manage the implementation of the Impact Network’s architecture, subsequent Key Results and activities, including the co-development of Hub & Node Product/Services Plans and initiate extra activities and other management interventions where gaps in the program(s) are identified or issues arise.
- Armed with a deep understanding of the products and services our ecosystem provides, partner with startups to provide roadmap definition across our product/ service offering, guide startups in their take up of the services/ products as well as join the community and begin to scale (i.e. their startup journey).
- Develop and curate the desired ecosystem culture, aligned to the Group’s mission and values, ensuring it is integrated into all program activities and initiatives. Support a user-centered approach to implement products, services and programs, which virtual and physical residents leverage to accelerate their growth and commercialisation.
- Design and oversee the implementation of ecosystem activities whilst delivering to budget and achieving financial targets for sponsored and other events.
- Work closely with the Government Relations and Advocacy Lead, General Managers of Hubs and Node Managers to identify opportunities, identify revenue streams and government grants and create partnerships that can evolve and drive outcomes at a national level, and with respective Node Managers.
- Work with the Head of Communication, Media and Events to deliver comprehensive communication to the Impact Network ensuring awareness of how the Impact Network and, where relevant/appropriate, Australian government policies and programs, drives sovereign capability commercialisation, scaling and export in emerging technologies.
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer to have an integrated approach to communicating with and managing resources associated with corporate partners and partnerships with governments that are program specific. Guide messaging that is delivered through external media channels to support residents and members of the Impact Network accelerate their growth and drive sector competitiveness.
- Facilitate a collegial Impact Network team that will act as champions and advocates of the Impact Network culture, each playing a role in fostering and encouraging resident engagement across the Impact Network in each of the national locations and virtual network.
- Improve the feedback mechanisms for Impact Network participants across the Hubs and Nodes to give constant input and feedback on product/ service performance, and utilise this feedback to improve the programs and initiatives within the Product Management team with a commitment to share lessons learned and to implement best practices.
- Support General Managers and Node Managers to stay closely connected to the startups and scaleup being supported by and through Hubs and Nodes, as well as those participating in the Impact Network virtually, and activity related to their scaling. Build and manage the Impact Network member database, which captures information and metrics for each participant company and, where relevant such as for mentors, individuals.
- Using research and analysis skills, keep up to date on industry and market trends, best practice and resources and have the smarts to …………pls continue to read the full role description on our website here before applying:https://www.stoneandchalk.com.au/jobs/gm-impact-network-cbr-syd-mel-adl