Frontend Software Engineer
We’re Snobal, a fast growing emerging technology company transforming the built environment and physical assets through development of whole-life, artificial intelligence (AI) assisted XR (virtual reality and augmented reality) products. We value diversity in life, life experiences and outlook and while our strategy is clear we believe in giving people flexibility in how they execute the strategy. We’re at an exciting time of growth and are looking for curious minded and collaborative people who are keen on working in an ambitious high growth emerging technology company. We offer a flexible working environment in Collins Square, Docklands in Melbourne.
About the opportunity:
This newly created opportunity will see you working closely with the product development and business management team in the development of our AI assisted XR Twin solutions. Reporting to the Lead Product Engineer and working on all things front-end architecture you will join a highly skilled team of XR developers, software engineers, technical artists and 3D artists producing XR products for the built environment.
You will be a good communicator, independent, motivated and reliable. You’ll be a key part of the core team, instrumental in the development and scaling of Snobal’s emerging technology products. You will thrive on handling multiple projects simultaneously and help drive them to completion effectively.Working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment you will be open to learning and sharing your knowledge with your co-workers. At the moment our team is small – but growing fast – it means you can be across all aspects of product development.
What you’ll do:
Here’s the key areas you’ll be responsible for:
- Take responsibility for building efficient and flexible front-end systems
- Participate in design and development meetings and reviews
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members to figure out the best solution to tricky problems
- Help to craft and communicate standard practices and methodologies for front end engineering
- Interact with our back end systems
- Work with engineers, 3D artists, technical artists, XR Developers and management to build amazing intuitive extended reality products.
- Great communicator, independent, motivated, reliable (essential)
- Experience developing API-backed web-applications (essential)
- Solid understanding of JS / HTML / CSS (essential)
- Solid understanding of modern web front-end frameworks eg React/Vue (essential)
- Appreciation of great UI / UX design (highly desirable)
- Relevant degree qualification (desirable)
- Experience writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including testing (essential)
- Interest and passion in all things emerging technology (highly desirable)
This is a full time position. Remuneration is negotiable depending on experience.
Send us your application letter outlining ” why you” along with your resume and relevant links for e.g. LinkedIn profile, website, GitHub or other project links you think might be of interest.
The opportunity will remain open until the right candidate is found so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No recruiters please.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this opportunity