Front end developer
Front-end developers who are great problem solvers who enjoy collaborating with others (not just engineers) that value well written and tested code. An appreciation for building consistently beautiful UI by working with designers to enhance their designs through rich animations and user-friendly interfaces.
Linktree offers great flexibility and remote working options, we are mostly based in Melbourne but currently have engineers in Perth, Tasmania, Newcastle, Queensland, country Victoria, and Ireland. Our CTO Mitch Malone is also fully remote so you could be anywhere in Australia really. We are still all working from home due to COVID but plan on being a mixed remote and on-site company beyond that.
What is your tech stack?
We’re using a Gatsby based JAMstack with WordPress and Contentful as headless CMS behind it. Also some Heap, Metabase, Hotjar, Jest testing and continuous integration processes and designing in Figma. Not that you need to be a designer or a pro on all of those tools listed, but we are looking for someone great at picking up new tools and collaborating with designers, growth marketers and product managers.
What is your dev environment like?
Linktree has grown a lot and quite quickly, which means our structures and processes aren’t perfect – yet. That should be ok with you and if anything, appeal to you so you can contribute to the design of those systems.
We expect our Engineers to do requirements analysis and work closely with Product Managers and Designers on developing user stories. Our Engineering team write unit, integration and e2e tests and we have a DevOps specialist building out DevOps practices.
What is your company culture like?
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- Due to COVID we are all remote but even when COVID is behind us, we will be a mixed remote and in-office company. With our team already spread across 8 locations and 3 countries, we will always be some form of remote.
- We prioritise our team’s mental health, with all employees have free access to https://www.smilingmind.com.au/ & https://uprise.co/, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counselors.We have grown quickly in 2020, from 20 people to 50 in the past 8 months with more growth planned due to the continued expansion of our customer base around the world and our recent Series A raise.
The Linktree story…
The Linktree journey begins in 2016, when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 9 million users worldwide, 20,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company’s “10 most innovative social media companies of 2020”.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, Vice, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Patreon, Naomi Campbell, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!