Render’s singular focus is best summarised by our mission; continuously innovate and evolve technology to Build Networks Better.
Render’s digital construction management platform enables telecommunication network operators and construction teams to digitise the construction workflow and significantly reduce the time and cost of large-scale fibre deployment.
With over $30B in annual US network infrastructure investment expected to continue for the next decade, the need for technology enabled efficiency and streamlined construction approaches is absolute. As a result, Render’s market-leading platform is experiencing rapid adoption and we are looking for exceptional commercial and tech talent across Australia and the United States to support this high-growth journey.
The role you will play:
We’re looking for a Financial Controller to join our growing Melbourne-based team.
Reporting into our Vice President – Finance, you’ll be an experienced Finance Manager with experience in developing finance processes and policies, financial insights, and managing the monthly financial accounting & reporting processes that will allow us to operate with efficiency and scale. You’ll be passionate about cultivating a high-performance, hyper-growth culture and as an early team member of our Finance function, you’ll have the ability to lead an overhaul of accounting, payroll, & HR systems that will gear us for international growth.
To be successful in this role, you will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be experienced in delivering commercial financial and accounting practices, ideally gained within a fast-growth, technology-focussed organisation. You’ll have proven experience and capability in implementing financial and accounting systems, and have a comprehensive understanding of Australian compliance and legislative requirements.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Partnering with the VP Finance and members of the Executive team to provide in-depth financial analysis and insights for commercial decision making;
- Develop and deliver management accounting and analytical reports for the leadership team;
- Management of legislative and compliance reporting as governed in Australian Tax Office and the US Internal Revenue Service and be up to date with in-market legislative and compliance requirements;
- Actively manage key finance requirements including Accounts Payable/Receivable, Payroll, and account & bank reconciliations etc.
- Maintenance of Render’s P&L and Balance Sheet including review of correct accounting treatment of Render’s time spent on software development;
- Cashflow forecasting and management;
- Partner with the VP Finance, and other stakeholders (including HR) to determine the best Finance & HR systems and seamlessly implement these systems across Finance, HR & Payroll;
- Work with Product owners and the Senior Manager, Business Operations to upgrade Render’s customer invoicing capabilities.
- Financial & commercial modelling to quickly calculate financial benefits & risks of opportunities available to Render; and
- Leadership of a part-time company accountant, currently working 2 days/week.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is an experienced finance leader with experience working for a fast-growth global tech startup
- Is Degree qualified in Finance, Economics or Commerce, and has subsequent post-graduate certifications (CA/CPA)
- Is passionate about the opportunity of working in a global SaaS scaleup; quickly identifies opportunities to streamline processes, or add value to the business, at the same time letting go of processes that do not add value.
- Has a demonstrated aptitude for technology and takes an interest in the commercial direction of the organisations they have worked for.
- Has an attention to detail that will ensure high quality accounting, reporting & financial compliance leadership.
- Working knowledge of and experience with SaaS platforms and associated metrics, and ideally Construction domain technology a bonus!
Beyond our work, our values shape everything that we do at Render and we can’t understate how central these six statements are to our culture. Our team not only have a genuine passion for innovating the network construction sector, but live and breathe our values:
- Innovate for impact
- Love what you build
- Back yourself to win
- Be the customer outcome
- Stay open
- Embrace the larrikin
What’s on offer:
Render is building a business that Australia can be proud of. We’re a young company that’s growing fast in the US network construction industry, and have global ambitions on the horizon. We’re a diverse team of great people who want to be part of a first-class global team and business. We are looking for the best candidate available for this role, and as such it may be structured to a part-time (0.8) or full-time role.