Events & Community Coordinator (Part-Time)
Founded in 2014 Startup Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation that works in collaboration with entrepreneurs, industry, community, government and educational institutions to help Victorian founders succeed. We believe in a future where Victoria is a world-class startup hub, and one of the best places in the world to build your startup.
Startup Victoria delivers several founder focussed programs, including Pitch Night, Growth Club (our scaleup founder program), Founder Connect structured networking breakfasts, regular fireside chats and other educational events, and Startup Vic’s Premium Membership benefits package.
Startup Victoria is hiring a part-time (3 days a week) Events & Community Coordinator. This person will work closely with the Director of Programs & Partnerships to manage communications and logistics required to deliver all programs to a world-class standard.
To achieve this, applicants for the role should have:
- Event management experience (up to 500 pax)
- Experience managing relationships with key stakeholders (speakers, sponsors, event attendees, etc.)
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- The flexibility to manage events outside of office hours (Startup Vic hosts breakfast and evening events)
- Entrepreneurial experience or exposure/participation within a startup ecosystem.
Beyond the skills and competencies required, the ideal candidate is excited by and wants to work with us on delivering our mission: supporting founder success.
The Startup Vic Events & Community Coordinator role is part-time, with an annual salary package of $52,000 pro-rated to 3 days a week.
Applications for this role will close on the 17th February 2020, and you can apply here.