Data is a fundamental piece of the Linktree product and we are growing our data team to help us offer our customers the best possible data insights. We don’t on-sell our data either, we use it to make product decisions and for our customers to optimise their Linktree’s.
This role will work with our Data Engineering Lead Rosyll and a team of 2 other engineers but this team will grow quickly in 2021. As a company, we have gone from 18 to over 50 staff, from 4 million customers to over 9 million and from bootstrap to a VC backed scale up – all in 2020.
We use a modern stack that includes Snowflake, Python, AWS Kinesis, S3, Lambda, Glue, RDS, DynamoDB, Athena, EventBridge and SQL.
You would use your Data engineering skills to :
- Build analytics features that will be consumed by the users of the application.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and use of data for internal decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with internal consumers of data, building continually useful dashboards and generating meaningful insights.
- Design, build, test and maintain data pipelines to pull together information from different data sources; integrate, consolidate and structure it for use in individual analytics applications
- Contribute to the vision and roadmap of Linktree’s data platform.
Having experience as a data engineer, using similar tech stacks and in SaaS/Product environments as a great start. Mid or Senior as we are looking for multiple engineers to start in early 2021.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- Due to COVID we are all remote but even when COVID is behind us, we will be a mixed remote and in-office company. With our team already spread across 8 locations and 3 countries, we will always be some form of remote.
- We prioritise our team’s mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree story:
We have grown quickly in 2020 and with more growth planned due to the continued expansion of our customer base around the world.
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 9 million users worldwide, 20,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company’s “10 most innovative social media companies of 2020”.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, Vice, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Patreon, Naomi Campbell, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!