Content Marketing Manager
We believe that businesses of all sizes deserve better financial and payment products and services.
Australian businesses are amazingly entrepreneurial, driven and passionate, yet when they seek important products from local financial services companies, they are let down by slow applications, protracted onboarding, opaque pricing, restrictive contracts and forced to use outdated solutions that no longer meet the innovative requirements of a modern business.
Our company, backed by leading VCs, is a collective of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are redefining business banking and how Australian businesses get paid by their customers. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products, we are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
We are looking for a creative, passionate and hands-on Content Marketing Manager to join the Zeller Marketing team. You will develop, execute and own Zeller’s end-to-end Content Marketing strategy — managing every element from production and writing of short and long-form content, to SEO strategy and keyword research (supported by agency partners), to developing creative ideas for storytelling across a variety of written, visual and audio-based formats. SEO is an essential part of this role, and a strong understanding with hands-on experience in building content that supports organic traffic growth is required.
The content you develop will range from product education, to merchant stories, to thought leadership, and more. You’ll thrive on balancing a need to build and drive organic traffic, to telling a unique, timely and newsworthy story of the day.
Analytical skills are another essential part of this role, and you’ll be expected to report regularly on content performance, consumption, lead generation and rankings. You will come with prowess in using a variety of web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), and be able to connect data and insight to an evolving content strategy.
This role is an opportunity for an up-and-coming Content Marketer looking for the chance to own the strategy and roadmap for Australia’s most exciting new fintech brand. You’ll join a rapidly growing marketing team and make your mark on the Zeller story in the embryonic stages of our journey.
- Oversee Zeller’s content marketing roadmap (including Blog, White Papers, Downloadable Content, One-Pagers, and more), from writing, to publication. You’ll monitor and optimise content for engagement and consumption
- Own the development and ongoing management of Zeller’s editorial calendar
- Build and manage a small team of freelancer content authors
- Partner with SEO, Marketing and PR teams to develop content that drives product adoption and education objectives
- Develop relationships with Zeller’s ambassadors and engage them to build out a rich library of case studies and merchant stories.
- Be comfortable using a variety of Content Management systems (such as Hubspot) and Social Media Management systems (such as Hootsuite and Sprout Social)
- Monitor Organic Search performance for Zeller and our top competitor sites
- Report regularly on content engagement, consumption, lead generation, traffic and more across the Zeller blog, with a view to continuously build upon your content marketing centre of excellence. Use this to inform updates and optimisations to the Zeller Content Marketing strategy
- Partner with your colleagues in the Zeller team to drive traffic to your content through Paid, Owned and Earned channels
- 4 – 5 years of hands-on experience working in Content Marketing
- Experience in all, or most, of the following: editorial planning, content strategy, web analytics, writing, journalism / PR, and SEO
- A love of writing, interviewing and creating content from scratch. You’re an excellent copywriter and know how to express brand voice consistently, with the right tone, at the appropriate time
- A finger on the pulse. You’re up to date with the news, the latest trends, and know how to hijack a moment (or a meme) in the right way to ensure your brand is a part of (or not a part of) the conversation when it counts
- Outstanding attention to detail and an eye for design; down to the last character, image crop, or line break
- Comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of the leading tools, platforms and technologies to make your job more efficient. You’ll thrive on educating others in the business on what you’re doing and why it’s important.
- A tertiary education, or a track record of relevant experience that proves it wasn’t needed
- A passion for engaging with customers, and are not afraid to build long-lasting relationships with them
- A creative mind that can deliver and execute on bold ideas
- Experience in B2B marketing, particularly with exposure to small to medium sized businesses
What’s in it for you
- Be part of something big from the outset
- Watch your work be put up in lights
- A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- A package which includes equity from an early stage
- Join a rapidly growing marketing team with opportunities to grow and develop your career wherever your passions and skills take you