Brand and Communications Manager
About Swoop Aero:
Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves essential supplies by making access to the sky seamless. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract. Since then, we’ve expanded globally, transforming the health supply chain with drone logistics operations in 5 countries.
The work we’re doing is shifting the future of healthcare. We are having an immediate impact on the lives of people, who live within the communities our operations are conducted in. Lots of companies say they have an impact but we really have one. We’ve got big plans to shift the paradigm in both developing and developed markets alike. We integrate air transport using drones into the first and last mile of the health supply chain, to make access to healthcare available everywhere.
To deliver on our goal we’ve built the world’s leading platform for seamless drone logistics, and to extend our reach we partner selectively with organisations across the globe who want to leverage our platform at scale to deliver genuine impact.
To do this, we’ve brought together a team of eternally optimistic and resourceful doers to tackle these seemingly insurmountable problems – and make it happen.
The situation and the role:
We’re now looking for a Brand & Communication Manager to develop Swoop Aero’s global brand and bring greater impact to the global health supply chain. You’ll get in the weeds, execute on your ideas and make an impact on the ground floor of a new function for Swoop Aero that will shape our communication with the world and deliver on our mission.
Swoop Aero’s Brand and Communications Manager is a cross-functional role. You will expand our profile through the creation and delivery of communications programs, content and storytelling, development of our brand, and growth programs in conjunction with our partners. Your mission is to build our presence, drive forward the next stage of our brand growth and develop engagement functions to support our commercial team. You will be the lynchpin for all our external facing activities, liaising with key stakeholders and coordinating agency recourses to engagement with the Swoop Aero community.
What you will be working on:
- Develop a multi-channel communications strategy to complement and enhance the evolution of our brand;
- Write content that shares our ethos and perspectives, as well as our community activities achievements, events and partnerships. You’ll need exceptional written communication skills, and the ability to develop our team’s writing ability to scale your own role;
- Devise, build and execute PR campaigns (alongside an agency), promotional marketing, and social engagement across our social profiles, newsletters and website;
- Oversee the functional aspects of the role by managing email campaigns, coordinating social media schedules and maintaining our website;
- Develop feedback loops that provide insight into the efficacy of team-led activities, while amplifying our positive impact on the global healthcare logistics market and society more broadly;
- Create, communicate and co-manage events (online and offline) in conjunction with the team that build a funnel of talent into our companies;
- Coach the wider team to find their unique content angle, helping us come out of our shells to build a team-wide content engine; and
- Be a ‘voice’ of Swoop Aero, working with the team to harness our internal vision and mission, and communicating this across various channels with the world.
What you will bring to the role:
- 3 – 5 years in a similar content or marketing role
- Confessed marketing and brand geek: be at-home in creative content development and marketing, utilising your experience to design and deliver scalable content programs and brand building.
- Have empathy: you’re genuinely fascinated by what motivates and engages our community, which informs how you think about building channels of engagement.
- Are a self-starting team player: you can autonomously drive projects from inception, to analysis, and to delivery, but also enjoy collaborating with teams?
- Have strong systems thinking: you’re comfortable with information synthesis and gathering, reviewing and analysing data and insights. You’re also fantastic at creating, optimising, monitoring and implementing processes.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a real difference and increase access to health-care across for millions across the globe
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work-from-home/office setup
- A collaborative and fun start up team with a recent capital raise
- Career propelling experience
- Attractive salary package which scales as the company grows