Pitch Night: Rapid Risers
About this Event
This February, Startup Victoria is partnering with Dovetail to bring you Pitch Night: Rapid Risers, where we’ll be shining the spotlight on founders and startups who have recently taken the plunge and launched their idea into the wild. Dovetail is a full-service product development agency that has a proven track record for helping turn ideas into commercially successful digital products that millions of people love to use. As an example: they design, build and maintain the iOS, Android and web products for Afterpay. These products now service over 5 million customers every month in four international markets.
We’re looking for startups who have seen their product, service or idea gain rapid (and maybe even surprising) traction over a short period of time. How you measure traction is up to you – it could be spikes in revenue, customers, users or eyeballs on your startup – as long as it’s clear that you’re ‘onto something’ and that people are loving what you are doing.
The Pitch Night
Startups from any industry are welcome to enter Pitch Night: Rapid Risers, as long as they fit the criteria of rapid growth of traction. On the night, 4 founders will pitch their startups on stage at The Goods Shed to a room of ecosystem players, fellow founders and an expert panel of judges to win The StartupVic Prize Package.
- 19th December – Applications open
- 11th February – Applications close
- 12th February – Shortlisted applicants announced
- 19th February – Pitch training for shortlisted applicants
- 20th February – Finalists announced
- 25th February – Pitch Night: Rapid Risers
- Please fill out this form by 11th February.
- Austrade: Participation in the Landing Pads program at a location of your choice (Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Shanghai)
- AWS: $5,000 AWS Credit to the winner and $1,000 AWS Credit to finalists
- Crazy Domains: 1 x hour consultation with a web expert and free comprehensive website health check, valued at $279
- Coglan Duffy & Co: 1 x hour of free legal advice
- Connect Labs: $4000 worth sales and marketing technology audit for your startup to get found, get leads and get customers
- General Assembly: $1000 credit for classes & workshops, valid for 1 year.
- Law Squared: $2500 credit to use the Cubed by Law Squared platform
- Northraine: 10 hours x machine learning training and consultation
- Prime Financial: 4hours x consultation for winner and 2hours x consultation for finalists
- SendGrid: $5,000 credit to winner and $3,000 credit to finalists
- Stripe: $50,000 of volume waived of Stripe fees
- SquarePeg Capital: 30mins x consultation with the team
Dovetail is a full-service product development agency that has a proven track record for helping turn ideas into commercially successful digital products that millions of people love to use. As an example: they design, build and maintain the iOS, Android and web products for Afterpay. These products now service over 5 million customers every month in four international markets.
Official Venue Sponsor
Stone & Chalk is Australasia’s leading independent, not-for-profit innovation hub with locations in Sydney Melbourne and Adelaide and the support of 27 corporate partners.
Their 680 residents compose of 140 startups and 6 accelerators/ incubators in the building enjoying customised Mentor programs, Office hours with Industry leaders, Introductions to corporate partners and to date have raised over $330M in capital.
Stone & Chalk fosters and accelerates the development of world-leading technology startups and act as a centre of gravity for the innovation ecosystem.
Official Event Staffing Provider
Weploy is creating an empowered and fearless workforce and building the world’s best community of on-demand short-term office support staff.
Photos and video may be taken at the event and may be used for promotional purposes. Your attendance at this event is considered as implied consent for the use of these photographs for these purposes.
All attendees to Startup Victoria’s event must comply to our Startup Victoria Events Code of Conduct.