Pitch Night: HealthTech and MedTech
The health technology industry is rapidly expanding throughout Australia and the world, especially due to the rising life expectancy and ageing global population. The medical tech sector has already seen major growth due to consumer accessibility; increasing prevalence of smartphones and tablets means providers are discovering how to reach larger audiences at lower costs.
Our focus on HealthTech in June will profile and showcase both leaders and up-and-coming startups that are revolutionising and empowering the HealthTech industry.
What is HealthTech?
HealthTech is the use of technology (databases, applications, mobiles, wearables) to improve the delivery, payment, and/or consumption of care, with the ability to increase the development and commercialisation of medicinal products.
The Pitch Night:
Startup Victoria are proud to partner with LaunchVic to showcase 4 startups working within the HealthTech sector, as they pitch to a panel of hand-picked, expert judges as well as our usual community of founders, startups, investors and more. They will also be pitching to win the Startup Victoria Prize Package below.
- 16 May – Applications open
- 12 June – Applications close
- 13 June – Shortlisted applicants announced
- 18 June – Pitch Training & Selection Session (for shortlisted applicants)
- 20 June – Top 4 Finalists announced
- 25 June – Pitch Night
- Please fill out this form by Wednesday 12 June.
- Austrade: Participation in the Landing Pads program at a location of your choice (Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Shanghai)
- AWS: $5,000 AWS Credit to the winner and $1,000 AWS Credit to finalists
- Crazy Domains: 1 x hour consultation with a web expert and free comprehensive website health check, valued at $279
- Coglan Duffy & Co: 1 x hour of free legal advice
- Connect Labs: $4000 worth sales and marketing technology audit for your startup to get found, get leads and get customers
- General Assembly: $1000 credit for classes & workshops, valid for 1 year
- Law Squared: $2500 credit to use the Cubed by Law Squared platform
- Northraine: 10 hours x machine learning training and consultation
- Prime Financial: 4hours x consultation for winner and 2hours x consultation for finalists
- SendGrid: $5,000 credit to winner and $3,000 credit to finalists
- Stripe: $50,000 of volume waived of Stripe fees
- SquarePeg Capital: 30mins x consultation with the team
LaunchVic is leading the development of a globally-connected startup ecosystem.
With the help of startup founders, entrepreneurs and investors, corporates and universities, we aim to build a startup ecosystem that can strengthen the economy, encourage more people to work with and for startups, and represent all Victorians.
Our focus lies in the areas of funding, community building and global recognition for the Victorian startup ecosystem.
Official Event Staffing Provider:
Weploy is creating an empowered and fearless workforce and building the world’s best community of on-demand short-term office support staff.
Photos and video may be taken at the event and may be used for promotional purposes. Your attendance at this event is considered as implied consent for the use of these photographs for these purposes.
All attendees to Startup Victoria’s event must comply to our Startup Victoria Events Code of Conduct.