SelectUSA Australia High Tech Webinar
Webinar: December 4 at 2pm PST/December 5 at 9am AEST
The U.S. Commercial Service and Austrade are hosting a webinar for Australian tech firms and start ups to explain U.S. and Australian government programs designed to facilitate entry into the United States. The webinar will feature speakers from the U.S. and Australian governments, the Australian tech sector, and business facilitators in the Bay Area.
From this webinar you will:
• Learn about the SelectUSA program and Summit aimed at helping Aussie and other foreign investors enter the USA.
• Learn about Austrade’s Landing Pad program designed to familiarize Aussie tech firms with U.S. tech culture, best practices and the secret to success in the U.S. market.
• Hear Aussie tech leaders share their wisdom about U.S. and Australian programs and how they succeeded in the USA.
Featured speakers include:
• Douglas Wallace, Director of the U.S. Commercial Service in SF
• Frances van Ruth, acting Australian Consul-General and Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner in SF
• Manish Goyal, Business Development Manager at the San Francisco Office of Economic and Workforce Development
• Geoff McQueen, CEO and Founder of Accelo and Executive Director of the Aussie Founders Network
• Ben Brophy, CEO and Co-Founder of Upwire
A Prime Opportunity for Australian Tech firms The United States has the most advanced software and information technology (IT) services industry in the world. More than a quarter of the $3.8 trillion global IT market is in the United States. The industry accounts for $1.14 trillion of U.S. value-added GDP and 10.5 million jobs. There are more than 100,000 software and IT services companies in the United States which draws on a highly educated and skilled U.S. workforce.
For more information, contact: Commercial Specialist Duncan Archibald Email: Duncan.Archibald@trade.gov Tel: +61-2-9373-9212